Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2100' above sea level

NRRTRAINS

Join
Jul 25, 2018
Loc
Staten Island, New York
i'm new to DJI technology . i fly at 0 sea level , if i go to a higher altitude , above 2000' , do i have to re calibrate my spark or is it set to go like the MP .
thank you

I think, you don't need to recalibrate it, bcs I did nothing. But spark doesn't fly on altitude more than 4km

I think, you don't need to recalibrate it, bcs I did nothing. But spark doesn't fly on altitude more than 4km

I think he means if he goes somewhere that is starting out at 2000'... like on a mountain or hill or something...

You shouldn't have to re-calibrate it. The calibrations are for compass and inertial movements/position. Height is determined by the sensors on the bottom of the Spark. They only measure from the starting point (AGL, Above Ground Level). So if you are at 0' when you start and go up 400'...then you are at 400'. But if you are on a 2000' hill and go up 400', the Spark will only register 400' even though you are technically 2400'.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
I think he means if he goes somewhere that is starting out at 2000'... like on a mountain or hill or something...

You shouldn't have to re-calibrate it. The calibrations are for compass and inertial movements/position. Height is determined by the sensors on the bottom of the Spark. They only measure from the starting point (AGL, Above Ground Level). So if you are at 0' when you start and go up 400'...then you are at 400'. But if you are on a 2000' hill and go up 400', the Spark will only register 400' even though you are technically 2400'.

I hope that helps.
thank you that's what i wanted to know .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe