Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

30 day interval timer to maintain batteries

cowdoc80

Join
Jun 7, 2018
Everything I read and see online suggest that for optimum battery maintenance you need to charge the batteries fully at least every 30 days. Right now I'm flying a lot and that is no biggie, but I anticipate that when the new wears off and I get busy with work I'll not fly so much.

I'd like to find a outlet timer that would kick on every 30 days to charge the batteries fully so they would give me longer service life.

Does anyone know of such a timer? My internet searches only come up with 7 day timers.

TIA

Sorry not to answer really you question but on what basis do you want to charge your batteries (assuming it is Spark batteries) every 30 days. Sounds to me like the way to kill them.
Maybe what you read for another type of battery.

These batteries are LiPo type and what they don't like is to be fully charged and wait. They self discharge automatically to "storage level". For long life they need to be stored at a level of 40 to 60%. Usually periodic maintenance consist in checking every 2 months that the battery, if not used, has minimum 40% level else fully recharge it and it will automatically be discharged for storage after 10 days.

Not sure where you getting your info ‘bout charging lipos but, you got it totally wrong. Maintenance on lipo battery are different.
What you read is the totally opposite and will kill the lipo battery instead.
Dronason is correct .

Reactions: suprPHREAK
DJI batteries are self-maintaining. Just charge them and forget it. If they sit for 10 days unused they self discharge to a safe storage level. After another period, they enter hibernation mode, where they will sit happy for months.

DJI batteries are self-maintaining. Just charge them and forget it. If they sit for 10 days unused they self discharge to a safe storage level. After another period, they enter hibernation mode, where they will sit happy for months.

I’m not entirely convinced about “sit happily for months” - regular Lipos without any fancy electronics will not sit happily for months. They will still self discharge (slowly that’s true) and ultimately crap out. DJI with their magic circuits can’t stop that.

The idea of pulling a set of batteries out, charging, and putting away every month or two is no different to pulling out, charging and flying then charging and putting away.

I’m not entirely convinced about “sit happily for months” - regular Lipos without any fancy electronics will not sit happily for months. They will still self discharge (slowly that’s true) and ultimately crap out. DJI with their magic circuits can’t stop that.

The idea of pulling a set of batteries out, charging, and putting away every month or two is no different to pulling out, charging and flying then charging and putting away.

I think I will agree with you. A lipo can’t be controlled to discharge to the point of no return and DJI technology can’t help it.

Just charge them, let them sit and they will discharge themselves. 3 months later charge them and let them sit again for 3 months or use them in your spark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme