Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

360° Pano with Spark

Florida Drone Supply

Join
Jul 3, 2017
The weather was not great as well as the lighting and subject matter but we wanted to create a 360° pano with the Spark. This was done between rain showers yesterday in South West Florida.

We captured the images using the Spark with the Litchi pano mode shooting 26 photos. They were stitched together with PtGui, adjusted in PS and then set up as a 360° panorama in the PanoTour Pro program. We send the files to our Amazon S3 server and store them there as a URL. They can be shared anywhere and we can control what is seen on the pano without 3rd party app ads or fees.

The Litchi app is a bit slow taking the images and I think I can do it better manually, I will give this a try when our wind dies down a bit.

I think that the quality was very good and the Spark did well maintaining position.

Spark Pano Created By Florida Drone Supply | Spark Pano Created By Florida Drone

Thanks, looking forward to the tutorials. I’m just getting into trying this and I’m finding it a bit confusion. I don’t have ptgui or photoshop. I think I have an older version of it, like 5 something lol.

Here is a 360° pano I created today with the Spark. It was a bit windy out, check out the white caps. I took the images manually with the DJI Go4 App using the Sparks auto exposure mode and wound up with about 52 images that were stitched together in PtGui. I set the monitor up with grid lines and then took a photo, then find a reference point on the right side and rotate the copter till the reference point is on the 1/3rd grid line on the left, continue on till you make a 360. Then do the same tilting the camera angle down for a total of 3-4 rows. Last 2 images are with the camera pointing full down to shoot what is called the "Nadir". The Spark was at about 150 feet.

The horizon was not as flat as it could have been (probably from the wind) so I used the Rectangular Marquis tool in PS and drew a box the full width and height of the sky just above the horizon line. Then using the scale tool to drag the box down to make the horizon flat. Not a lot of fancy techniques were used. Check out the "Other Views" in the lower left of the screen, play around with the Little Planet and FishEye Ball views. Here is the pano link, and a couple of screen grabs from "Other Views".

Spark Pano Created By Florida Drone Supply | Created By Florida Drone Supply

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 4.04.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 4.05.08 PM.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe