Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.1.22 android

craigj172

Join
Dec 8, 2017
Unfortunately the 4.1.22 does nothing to fix the otg telemetry issue so looks like it's now gone for good seriously limiting the use of the spark and as I'm within the time limit set by the place I purchased it from I will be returning the spark as not fit for the purpose it's sold for, it can not reach anywhere near the distance advertised in the UK as WiFi is not useable over 30 meters away without the video feed becoming disconnected. It's such a shame I really liked the drone but over £550 for what is no more use than a £100 drone from gearbest is a joke.

Reactions: zayyarl
Unfortunately the 4.1.22 does nothing to fix the otg telemetry issue so looks like it's now gone for good seriously limiting the use of the spark and as I'm within the time limit set by the place I purchased it from I will be returning the spark as not fit for the purpose it's sold for, it can not reach anywhere near the distance advertised in the UK as WiFi is not useable over 30 meters away without the video feed becoming disconnected. It's such a shame I really liked the drone but over £550 for what is no more use than a £100 drone from gearbest is a joke.
Has 4.1.22 been released for Android. I haven't seen it released yet. Either way anyone else can confirm?

They should offer two versions of the Spark one for wifi to fly with your phone and one using OTG for an RC...

They should offer two versions of the Spark one for wifi to fly with your phone and one using OTG for an RC...
If they did that the biggest complaint would be not enough accurate information for those who use the wifi version (distance and laggy feed)
And for the RC OTG only ones they'd complain about not being able to use their phones lol, nothing can please everyone

People were buying Sparks instead of Mavics, so killing the OTG connection made people get back to buying Mavics. Real cr4p is you ask me... without OTG the video feed is terrible

Reactions: BobfromNYC
The annoying thing is otg is working on my iPad but I don't always want to take the iPad with me to fly and 4.1.15 work fine on android, I always fly with otg as there is so much WiFi in my area I'm lucky to get 20m before the video feed drops on WiFi, I'm just so disappointed in what would be a great drone :(

4.1.22? - It has not been released.

I have mine working well over 116m distance in sport mode on Android 4.1.18 without OTG. You manually have to change from 5GHz to 2.4GHz. Downside is the transmission video link quality is not as good as 5GHz but you get the range. As some people have mentioned if you have a lot of Wi-Fi networks around you I can see it being a problem not having OTG.

Just got another update notifications and it says 4.1.22 again ? I'll update and see if anything is working!

Well the new 4.1.22 still has no telemetry I did hope the app was pulled and then re issued with a fix but no just looks lik DJI can't/won't fix it.

At this point I have an iPad air 2 on 4.1.20 that WiFi is unusable as it drops out all the time and otg has a constant warning of low video signal and an android that's on 4.1.22 and WiFi takes for ever to connect to the remote then has very poor connection to drone and otg works fine but not able to use it as I get no telemetry so it's not safe to fly but if you look at the flight log it has all the telemetry so it's just the app that's not displaying in flight, if not for the 4.1.15 android app as an option I would be returning it for a refund, as said earlier it's such a shame a great drone is ruined by a terribly bad app, I must agree that if the only reason DJI won't work on the otg is to push ppl towards the mavic I think it will have just the opposite effect and push ppl to another manufacturer! As for the mavic my father has just purchased a new fly more pack from maplins and had to return it as 1 battery was faulty and won't change and as soon as it lifts off it alerts that one of the motors is not spinning even though it fly's perfect? All in all not a great experience or 1st impression of DJI

Reactions: pvbret
Wow, it sounds like they're really going to the dogs! I hope not. I love my drone and I want it to be well supported, but eh, at least I'm tech-savvy enough that I can ignore their nonsense. I feel really sorry for EU folks who have bought or been given a drone for christmas and don't know about the magic that is 4.1.5!

Next drone will be a Parrot, I guess...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex