Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

4.2.16 DJI Go test wifi vs OTG

jech

Join
Jan 30, 2018
I made a test between wifi and otg using the latest dji go app version. There's really a big difference. Please check my video.

Reactions: Sayg
What otg cable brand did you get. Used Android or Apple phone. RC antennae extended 99 degrees or folded? Thanks. I was able to fly mine up to 1km and but have to increase my altitude to get good signal using wifi only 5. Ghz. Thanks fir posting

Ve volném prostoru, výsledky jsou dobré. Tady v Evropě tam, kde existuje mnoho wifi sítí, připojení bez OTG je problém. Skutečný rozsah spadá pod 300 m v CE.
Používám Android a Lenovo 7010.

In free space, the results are good. Here in Europe where there are many wifi networks, the connection without OTG is a problem. The real range falls below 300 m in CE.
I'm using Android and Lenovo 7010.

Since I turn off Bluetooth on my Android when I fly my Spark, I've never used the OTG again as it offers no improvement whatsoever in terms of feed or range!

I have the same experience as webvan and with FCC the range has never been an issue. OTG doesn't show any advantage.
As Spark is barely visible at 100m it would be illegal to fly over 1km away. I always use RTH and switch to map screen which relieves any confusion. No DJI Product is an FPV system so it isn't sensible to fly back to home.

What otg cable brand did you get. Used Android or Apple phone. RC antennae extended 99 degrees or folded? Thanks. I was able to fly mine up to 1km and but have to increase my altitude to get good signal using wifi only 5. Ghz. Thanks fir posting
Range has nothing to do with OTG cable, as the link to AC is only through RC. Lost of signal must have another explanation. (As well as your fast battery drain. Not mentioning doing such a test without switching off OAS)

Hi, in my opinion, OTG cable is good for not very powerful mobile or tablet.
Spark is not FPV, but it does great shots just by using the online screen of a connected mobile. And 100 m is really low. If your point of interest is 100 m in length to fit, you need at least 300 m.
Example of my video:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme