Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

600 ft in FCC mode on my Spark...

NaweG

Join
Jun 30, 2019
Per the title, if I launch from my house I can get maybe 600 ft away using Channel 10 on 2.4 ghz. Went to a park this weekend, and again today, and got closer to 1100 ft, but then got the message that the Video was lost and plane disconnected. RTH started it back in both cases, and I was able to land safely. Did not let it land RTH since it seemed to be somewhat off the mark in both cases.

I've seen plenty of YouTube videos that made me think that especially with the addition of the parabolic wifi extenders (which I was trying out this evening to no discernible impact) that I should be able to get three times that distance without a stretch.

Means I keep getting footage of me approaching interesting stuff (waterfalls, quarry, etc), but can't ever get to where I want to be :-(

So, guess I'm wondering if I'm expecting too much in terms of range for a DJI Spark as my number 1 question, and number 2 if I'm having that much interference (I presume?) would getting a Mavic or a Phantom make any real difference?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dont quote me on it, but it's my understanding that the Mavic and Phantoms have a better distance range and flight times as well as better stability for filming etc.

Well, I was hoping there might be someone here who also flies the others and could comment from personal experience. I know their SPECS say they should fly further, but if those are done in "ideal" conditions I'm concerned I spend 3 times as much money and get just slightly better video and no better range.

So i had the spark and now after a mavic pro, p4p v2 mavic air, and now a mavic 2 zoom .....i can tell u right now that ocusync 2.0 is the best hands down night and day difference and on top of that u get a 1080p feed instead of 720p....u dont have to worry about signal like u do on the spark and mavic air (both wifi) even the old p4 with lightbridge was way better....what it comes down to is just wifi and how wifi is pretty limited with packet sending over longer distances. .i can give u tips to better your experience with spark first big thing is use an otg ....the hype is real and it just plain works....always have your antennas folded straight up not pointed at drone so u want this ...." Drone" ..tx antenna always face drone "LL_

So have them like that pointing up and both straight and always always face drone....also in urban areas like suburbs 5.8ghz did me well could easly get 1.5 to1.8 miles remember any instructions like buildings or trees in front of u will just kill signal penetration.....so try to launch somewhere with clear path....keep bluettoth off on device, wifi, off and turn on airplane mode ;)

So i had the spark and now after a mavic pro, p4p v2 mavic air, and now a mavic 2 zoom .....i can tell u right now that ocusync 2.0 is the best hands down night and day difference and on top of that u get a 1080p feed instead of 720p....u dont have to worry about signal like u do on the spark and mavic air (both wifi) even the old p4 with lightbridge was way better....what it comes down to is just wifi and how wifi is pretty limited with packet sending over longer distances.

Appreciate the info as well as the tips. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav