Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A bleak early winter or late fall snow video

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
So this is probably one of those desperation flights... Had to get up and flex the batteries.:p Its changed so fast in our area, now we set in for the long white haul. Anyway, its a long watch, but if you like Beethoven, and trees, you're in!

At around 5:20 you can see some snow flying by in the camera.

Last edited:
Nice video, looks very wintery!

We are getting snow down this way too. This morning it was cold (-11ºC) and clear and sunny, now 3 hours later we are in the midst of a snow squall. It's very snowy and wintery out. Looks like I'll be getting the snow blower out. Kids are itching for a snow day!

Enjoy your day!

Chris

Nice job Robin, loved the Moonlight Sonata background. Relaxed me to the point of starting to get drowsy, LOL. No reflection on your vid but more of the dark dismal late afternoon. As always appreciate you taking the time.

Nice video, looks very wintery!

We are getting snow down this way too. This morning it was cold (-11ºC) and clear and sunny, now 3 hours later we are in the midst of a snow squall. It's very snowy and wintery out. Looks like I'll be getting the snow blower out. Kids are itching for a snow day!

Enjoy your day!

Chris
Nice, 25f here in TX this morning.

Incredibly smooth control, some of the best panning I've seen from a Spark. Moonlight Sonata was the perfect accompaniment to the wintry scene. Such contrasts over a scant few weeks, but such are seasonal changes. Very fine work, Robin. Looking forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Nice video. Scenery looks a lot like it does around here for the week or so, lotsa white stuff. Temperatures last couple of days have been in the minus teens (C) for the high.

Wish I could get those smooth pans. Most of my fly time has been at lower altitudes, just above tree tops. Winds were usually around 10 - 20 kph. At these relatively low altitudes I think I'm likely experiencing significant wind gusts. Am I right in believing these gusts would account for some of the jerkiness I've experienced in my pans?

Nice video. Scenery looks a lot like it does around here for the week or so, lotsa white stuff. Temperatures last couple of days have been in the minus teens (C) for the high.

Wish I could get those smooth pans. Most of my fly time has been at lower altitudes, just above tree tops. Winds were usually around 10 - 20 kph. At these relatively low altitudes I think I'm likely experiencing significant wind gusts. Am I right in believing these gusts would account for some of the jerkiness I've experienced in my pans?

Well.... wind is a factor, but really, its about the gentle push of the sticks. One trick is to be moving ever so slightly up or along as you pan, hovering and panning is not going to be as smooth. Remember too that I did upscale the video via interpolation to 60fps, so there is some smoke and mirrors going on there, as Final Cut Pro was basically morphing an extra frame between each of the originals...

Also, many of us forget about Tripod mode. It will help with the stead-stick process!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme