Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A geology flight in SW Wyoming

GeoM1

Join
Jan 23, 2019
Here’s a fun hiking video. It is from 1 ground flight about 9 minutes long up and around a cool structure, and 1 flight down. I edited out most of it - Ha - those were only my 3 and 4th outdoor flights. I know I could have done more editing but honestly, I don’t care as it’s only for fun. I do wish I had flown more - other angles would have noon cool.

You have some really nice footage in there!

Reactions: GeoM1
Nice! Be careful where you sit next time. That lava pipe is about 2,500,000 years old! LOL! Nice work. Interesting perspective cutting between road shots and flight shots.

As the others say some great footage. What a place. Unlimited flying-you are so lucky as I sit listening to torrential rain and gales just 10 days from mid-Summer’s day!

Nice! Great spot to fly. What is the black bar that appears briefly from the top of the image at times?
My understanding is that the “bar” appears when props bend onto a strong wind and cast a shadow despite me having a shade over the camera.

Yeh about the 2.5 my volcanic pipe! I’m a geologist and made some notes on the geology in the YouTube description.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef