Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

A Tawny Frogmouth (Native Australian Bird) By Drone

From a fellow birder, fantastic filming. What an iconic bird. It behaves similarly to our nightjar here in the UK which sits motionless on a tree bough that matches its plumage during the day but flits around catching insects at dusk. How on earth didn’t your drone spook it? Memorable bit of film thank you for sharing it.

Of course most birds take off before the Spark gets close. It's amazing that there are some birds that will stay put. Perfect for filming with the Spark. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: GeoM1
I'm amazed at how close you had to be, yet the little fellow seemed unconcerned. Australia has some of the most unique critters on the planet and it's a joy to see some of those lesser known. Nice work, thanks for sharing!

twickers14, I’d never seen one in the wild before and then within the last 3 weeks, I spotted the 1st pair then this one. It’s probably a testament to how well they can camouflage themselves with their colouring and by how still they can be, even when faced with a noisy drone.

Reactions: twickers14
I B Spectre, I’ve filmed koalas that are equally as non-plussed. Unfortunately, on my regular walk I’m unlikely to see any kangaroos. Definitely won’t see an emu near where I live. I tried to film a kookaburra once but it was too flighty.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav