Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

a trip to the Dark Side...

Where you able to buy the M1P new still ?
I think we can still purchase an MPP here in Australia, but not the M1P for quite a few years now . . . batteries are the same, not available (only MPP which are same except for colour).

A good choice for the 360.
Just wondering if you've seen the single axis FPV mount you can get now for FPV ?
If mounting any GoPro type mounted camera to an FPV drone (or the 360 as you intend to the M1P) it is very stable and gives perfect horizon.
Saw it on Nurk FPV channel on YouTube, one of the latest videos there at the moment.

She is a beauty Brian! Congratulations my friend, there is no one I know that will utilize it like you will.
Cheer Dragonfly Joe! I am dead chuffed to finally own a drone capable of carrying my insta360 cameras and hopefully return safely under control!
I have plans for some new stuff film wise and the new challenges that lie ahead.
First challenge is to get all the kit in my mini! :)))

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Where you able to buy the M1P new still ?
I think we can still purchase an MPP here in Australia, but not the M1P for quite a few years now . . . batteries are the same, not available (only MPP which are same except for colour).

A good choice for the 360.
Just wondering if you've seen the single axis FPV mount you can get now for FPV ?
If mounting any GoPro type mounted camera to an FPV drone (or the 360 as you intend to the M1P) it is very stable and gives perfect horizon.
Saw it on Nurk FPV channel on YouTube, one of the latest videos there at the moment.
Cheer SPark_South_Oz!
Thanks for your interest and the heads up!

I very rarely buy new tech. This MP1 was purchased damaged from an auction site, purely as a carrier for a 360 camera.
I get a kick out of re-purposing tech and mech items. (re: my f1pitpass channel with 800+ videos on lots of subjects including my inventions and innovations)
The fpv single ais mount sounds very interesting... Thank you, I will have a search.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Great to see an MP1 saved form scrapping . . .

Here's Nurks YouTube link . . .

And the product link . . .

Quark

This looks awesome for just about any sort of extra camera on drone, or indeed any sort of model vehicle / boat, or motorbike / car / 4WD / boat etc..
super info, thank you!
I will wait and see if the insta360 stabillisation eliminates the need to crop in, but thank you for the heads up on gear I had never come across before!

Cheer Dragonfly Joe! I am dead chuffed to finally own a drone capable of carrying my insta360 cameras and hopefully return safely under control!
I have plans for some new stuff film wise and the new challenges that lie ahead.
First challenge is to get all the kit in my mini! :)))
You may need a cargo van by the time you get through. ? I love watching The Adventures of Brian unfold. My hat is off to you, again.

You may need a cargo van by the time you get through. ? I love watching The Adventures of Brian unfold. My hat is off to you, again.
Cheers Dragonfly Joe! re: a bigger vehicle... I was tempted recently then I saw my mini in the Spring Sunshine :)
!st 200ft vertical MP1/360 completed successfully ! Just need to work around the fact that youtube takes days to process full 360 stuff...
Going fishing/filming Sunday 18th April so content may well appear shortly after. (all Sparks lined up jockeying for position... I swear they were saying 'me, me me!' earlier...

The vertical flight with the 360 showed up on YouTube Saturday afternoon (for me) and I watched it. It was strange to hear the MP1 engines racing in the video. Use to seeing what the drone sees without sound. Nice work Brian. Congratulations on succeeding getting the 360 airborne.

The vertical flight with the 360 showed up on YouTube Saturday afternoon (for me) and I watched it. It was strange to hear the MP1 engines racing in the video. Use to seeing what the drone sees without sound. Nice work Brian. Congratulations on succeeding getting the 360 airborne.
Thank you Dragonfly Joe! I am encouraged by the stablity of the combo, at present.
One point that amazes me about the insta360 one ... it was mounted upside down yet still managed to control the horizon and stabilise... (no work needed in post to flip the images)

Congratulations on the upgrade from the Spark to the unfolding world of the Mavic series of aircraft. ?

I'm talking about the arms, flight time, and video capabilities.

Thanks for keeping the Sparks and it reminds me of one of the classic quotes from the Monty Python film The Holy Grail, " I'm not dead yet " :D

Great to see an MP1 saved form scrapping . . .

Here's Nurks YouTube link . . .

And the product link . . .

Quark

This looks awesome for just about any sort of extra camera on drone, or indeed any sort of model vehicle / boat, or motorbike / car / 4WD / boat etc..

My copilot and I have been watching his channel lately and it's good content. ?

I live in the area of Central Indiana and it's neat to see familiar sights from some of his videos.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the upgrade from the Spark to the unfolding world of the Mavic series of aircraft. ?

I'm talking about the arms, flight time, and video capabilities.

Thanks for keeping the Sparks and it reminds me of one of the classic quotes from the Monty Python film The Holy Grail, " I'm not dead yet " :D

Spark did an amazing job today and felt so easy to handle...

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme