Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Acworth, GA.

grounded

Join
Aug 28, 2020
Well folks, this video is a bit too long and possibly too amateurish for this site (the thin cellophane covering had not even been removed from the lens). But I had a lot of fun making it and I learned a lot. My little Spark even survived an attack by a flock of hostile birds over Lake Acworth and went on to record a video of downtown Acworth, GA. So I thought I would share to anyone interested.

The angry birds aside :), Acworth looks to be a lovely town, also enjoyed your commentary along the way. Well done grounded, looking forward to more from you. ?

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Hey, this is a great first compilation! Every flight is a learning experience. I've got quite a lot of air time since I started with these drones, and I think I get some nuance of how to do things better each time. Looking forward to seeing your next effort with the film removed from the lens.

What color is your spark? If its white, consider getting a "skin" for it My spark is red, I and I have rarely had issues with birds, I've read many accounts of white drone owners having more than their fair share of bird attention... the skin is one way to mitigate the risk, also, in that situation, doing a fast throttle up (go straight up really fast) for a few 10s of feet will often scare them off. If not, just move away as fast as you can.

The voice sounded fine, in fact, I was a little surprised that being from GA you did not have more of the drawl... accents are something I find really interesting...

Anything we can do to help you along, just ask, its a great bunch of pilots here. I subscribed to your channel so I wont miss the action. Take care.

Reactions: RotorWash
Let me first say thank you to all for your kind comments. They were very encouraging. I do indeed have a white spark and I will be looking into procuring a skin for him. Also I think the quick increase in altitude would have helped. Those birds never risked making contact - I blieve they were just trying to scare him off thinking he was a strange new species encroachiing on their territory. But who knows what goes through the mind of bird?
So thanks again! I certainly do enjoy this site.
G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe