Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

After “MM” will all my friends still be here?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
Was thinking (in the shower, where all my best thinking happens), once MM is launched will you all go off and buy the new one and leave us Spark guys and gals to fend for ourselves? We need all the encouragement available and your tech input has saved many of us from disaster and disappointment. Guess it’s partly down to how dji manage the new Forum. Clearly, from the rumours, the spec is going to be quite different so the requirements/experiences of new owners, are going to be different so a separate Forum may be set up. Whatever, it has been a blast but let’s wait and see what transpires. Who know Mrs Twickers may soften and allow an old man a treat and I could have a “stable” of drones!!

Since I've had my Spark for over two years, I'm not bored with it yet and I smile every time I fly.

Too much invested in accessories to give it up. Even if I lose the Spark I will probably buy another one to replace it.

Sure, who doesn't want the newest thing on the market but I'm satisfied with the1080p and the limitations of the Spark.

I may purchase something in the future but will continue to fly the Spark until it's exhausted.

Since I've had my Spark for over two years, I'm not bored with it yet and I smile every time I fly.

Too much invested in accessories to give it up. Even if I lose the Spark I will probably buy another one to replace it.

Sure, who doesn't want the newest thing on the market but I'm satisfied with the1080p and the limitations of the Spark.

I may purchase something in the future but will continue to fly the Spark until it's exhausted.
Hear hear. Glad to hear it. Me too.

I agree with Spark 317. I don't have as much invested in equipment (still only have 2 batteries :(), but I have a world of learning to do with the Spark. As I gain more experience, I will look at expanding its capabilities through 3rd party apps. I see a lot of posts by pilots who've bought one of the higher end Mavics, but they still fly the Spark because it's just so easy to get it going. While I'll do my best to keep her safe, if things go wrong it'll be a lot less painful to crash or lose a $400 dollar drone than a $1,000+ drone. If I could afford a Mavic 2, I'd probably have one primarily for the all-directional obstacle avoidance and extended flight time. In the meantime, I'm happy with what I've got and intend to haunt these forums for a long time. Great bunch of folks here!

I agree with Spark 317. I don't have as much invested in equipment (still only have 2 batteries :(), but I have a world of learning to do with the Spark. As I gain more experience, I will look at expanding its capabilities through 3rd party apps. I see a lot of posts by pilots who've bought one of the higher end Mavics, but they still fly the Spark because it's just so easy to get it going. While I'll do my best to keep her safe, if things go wrong it'll be a lot less painful to crash or lose a $400 dollar drone than a $1,000+ drone. If I could afford a Mavic 2, I'd probably have one primarily for the all-directional obstacle avoidance and extended flight time. In the meantime, I'm happy with what I've got and intend to haunt these forums for a long time. Great bunch of folks here!
Glad you’ll still be here!

I with you buddy ! High fives to all the pilots on here. Ever since my first Litchi waypoint flight with spark I have had some interest in pickings up a used p3 just for use with Litchi. Since used ones can be found for around 200 I am still looking that direction

I'll still be around, can't get rid of me that easily!!
I'm on my 2nd Spark after 1st one flew away, and since then I've learnt a ton of tips from the great people here.
Even if I get the MM or another drone, I'll still be keeping and flying my Spark...too much fun and too many great memories...haha

I will be sticking around for a long time, Being new to the spark and really just starting to fully enjoy taking shots you just can't get from the ground i happy were i am.
For me it seams like i just get interested in a drone, quad or Heli and a new model comes out and most times they got it right the first time and new is not always better.

Well... if in the spring I get my M2 or even M3... I will most likely pass my Spark on to someone in the family, however, that said, I will still have time for this forum, and after all, I have around 50 Spark videos up on YouTube, so need to respond to the inquisitive here and also there!.

I'll still be around, can't get rid of me that easily!!
I'm on my 2nd Spark after 1st one flew away, and since then I've learnt a ton of tips from the great people here.
Even if I get the MM or another drone, I'll still be keeping and flying my Spark...too much fun and too many great memories...haha
Good to hear, though not about your fly away.

I will be sticking around for a long time, Being new to the spark and really just starting to fully enjoy taking shots you just can't get from the ground i happy were i am.
For me it seams like i just get interested in a drone, quad or Heli and a new model comes out and most times they got it right the first time and new is not always better.
With you on that.

With spark, controller, 4 batteries, case, iPad holder for the controller, landing gear with ant-collision lights, prop guards and extra props I think I’m here to stay. Other than flight time I’m staying with the Spark and will continue in this forum.
If they start an MM forum I’ll join to listen to the pros and cons of the MM.

This forum has helped me and hopefully I have helped others.

Great news. As is the fact that mine has just survived (nearly in tact) a tree collision. Had the wrong glasses on and couldn’t read the message nor see the RTH button. Hey ho she’s still here and tested. Only thing missing is a light cover Left rear. About to check how to replace the item-looks pretty simple.

As of this posting, there are 15,609 members in this Spark forum. You have to assume that most of them have at least one Spark. I think you'll still have a great audience to find people for help on your Spark - in fact, you will probably be the one giving new users advice! That's how it works!

Reactions: twickers14
...Only thing missing is a light cover Left rear. About to check how to replace the item-looks pretty simple.
They're available on Amazon. You can even buy them with the ESC mount ring that they snap into. My used Spark has a very small hairline crack in the mount ring on the right rear light position. The previous owner pointed this out and said he thought it happened when he improperly removed the prop guard. I got the parts shown, but haven't gotten around to putting them on. The mount ring is held on by two screws, the light covers just snap-in. I figured a spare wouldn't hurt to have on hand. Glad your Spark is ok.

Spark motor arm light covers

Spark has some technical " limitations" only profs uses. 2.4 km max .after 1500 m steering gets difficult. But what matters me most. If it fell out of a tree or fall of a table, worst which happens are damaged propellers. And as it is used mostly illegal, no one notices it. MM may Be a technical masterpiece but
It looks very tiny and Fragile and even bigger as a spark. 5 km range with 18 minutes flight. So 10 km within 18 minutes Will Be tricky.. spark might become a collector's item

Reactions: twickers14
If it’s reported to be really quiet I’m going to be very tempted. I like my Sparks a lot. I fly my air a lot more but I’m really not in love with it. Let’s face it...it looks pretty neat

Attachments

• 400AE08E-A07D-4F04-A936-3E3269371E0C.jpeg
    400AE08E-A07D-4F04-A936-3E3269371E0C.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 16
They're available on Amazon. You can even buy them with the ESC mount ring that they snap into. My used Spark has a very small hairline crack in the mount ring on the right rear light position. The previous owner pointed this out and said he thought it happened when he improperly removed the prop guard. I got the parts shown, but haven't gotten around to putting them on. The mount ring is held on by two screws, the light covers just snap-in. I figured a spare wouldn't hurt to have on hand. Glad your Spark is ok.

Spark motor arm light covers
Thanks. On order and in fact it’s only the plastic cover that’s gone, not the ring which, as you say, is screwed in, so all I’ve got to do is snap the new on on. Spark seems fine after its adventure. All my fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe