Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Anbee Colored Propellers for DJI Spark

nilanjan118

Join
Oct 31, 2018
Has anyone here tried these propellers?
I know that in the event of a crash, using non-OEM parts voids warranty but at $14 for 4 pairs (the original props come for $10/pair), this is a steal which seems too difficult to resist.

I've purchased a set and assessed their fit and finish. While I've only flown briefly with them indoors, they look great, are made from the same material as the originals, they install on the Spark just the same and are (so far) indistinguishable from the originals in performance. The Amazon customer reviews for Anbee products, and especially these props, give high marks.

The props are the most likely part of the aircraft to be damaged or destroyed in a crash, so having an inexpensive alternative to OEM is a great. It's obvious that DJI's 300% premium is a money grab; there's no way they cost more than a few pennies each to make.

Just keep the originals around in the event you need to have your Spark serviced.

Reactions: nilanjan118
I've purchased a set and assessed their fit and finish. While I've only flown briefly with them indoors, they look great, are made from the same material as the originals, they install on the Spark just the same and are (so far) indistinguishable from the originals in performance. The Amazon customer reviews for Anbee products, and especially these props, give high marks.
Thanks for your review. I found this YouTube review too and this guy is all praise for these propellers. I have just one pair of OEM propellers as spare right now. So I think I will order these Anbee propellers straightaway.

Despite "scary" advice from DJI, I'm using a pair
of red Anbee as front props and yellow props from
another brand for my winter set-up and never had
any problems. The bird is very stable.

Attachments

• winter skin.JPG
    winter skin.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
Has anyone here tried these propellers?
I know that in the event of a crash, using non-OEM parts voids warranty but at $14 for 4 pairs (the original props come for $10/pair), this is a steal which seems too difficult to resist.

DJI has no way of knowing what props where on your Spark at the time of a crash. They actually request you to remove the props (and battery) when you send it back. So non-OEM props not an issue in regards to warranty.

DJI has no way of knowing what props where on your Spark at the time of a crash. They actually request you to remove the props (and battery) when you send it back. So non-OEM props not an issue in regards to warranty.
Did a quick first flight with the Anbee propellers today and they seemed to work very well. So now I see no reason at all why someone should not get 4 pairs of these propellers for $14 as compared to $10 for 1 pair of "original".

Reactions: Andre Levite
Did a quick first flight with the Anbee propellers today and they seemed to work very well. So now I see no reason at all why someone should not get 4 pairs of these propellers for $14 as compared to $10 for 1 pair of "original".

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the DJI props come from the same factory as the Anbee. Just different packaging.

DJI outsources many of the components in their drones rather than manufacture it themselves. Very common practice among electronics companies in that area.

DJI outsources many of the components in their drones rather than manufacture it themselves. Very common practice among electronics companies in that area.
It's a common practice among any OEM tbh. I work for an OEM too and I know how the "genuine parts" are sourced and priced. ;)

Reactions: Andre Levite
It's a common practice among any OEM tbh. I work for an OEM too and I know how the "genuine parts" are sourced and priced. ;)

And now everybody else knows too! It's a poorly kept secret.

My iPhone says "Designed in California" on the box but every component inside is made by another company in China. Lol

Do you know for a fact? Reference please. On the M2 series the current draw is much higher, some have reported warnings in sport mode. Wonder if DJI can access this type of info from the Spark and void warranty. I don’t know. I do love the price and performance reports.

Do you know for a fact? Reference please. On the M2 series the current draw is much higher, some have reported warnings in sport mode. Wonder if DJI can access this type of info from the Spark and void warranty. I don’t know. I do love the price and performance reports.

Yes, it is a fact. When I sent in my drone DJI's written instructions specifically stated that the props should be removed prior to shipping. I didn't save them for reference but just search "how to pack drone for warranty service" on MavicForum for details you desire.

I've never had a motor error warning on my Spark and I've used non-OEM props for well over a year -- so my props must be within tolerance acceptable to DJI software even if not identical readouts. But I admit that I'm not a DJI engineer either.

Even DJI branded props are relatively cheap so that's the worry-free option. Seems like many pilots get non-OEM parts for the different color options that DJI doesn't offer and they're willing to take that theoretical risk.

If somebody ever offered a "low-noise" prop for the Spark I'd try those in a heartbeat! I thought I found some on Amazon but they were just spoofing the search terms and selling the same old design. I'm still looking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers