Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another "DREADED TERRACE ROUNDABOUT" wrong direction

Scooped

Join
Apr 28, 2019
Figure people by now would be getting this figured out. The grey truck was in the wrong right from the start. Wrong lane to enter the circle

Reactions: RotorWash
I will never understand why folks have so much trouble with them...

I will never understand why folks have so much trouble with them...
I agree. My simple instructions to American visitors I have had in the uk is:
We drive on the LEFT, and without exception, you drive onto a roundabout by turning LEFT. Exits from roundabouts will always be a gentle filter to the LEFT.
If you are a country that drives on the RIGHT, just substitute LEFT in the instructions with RIGHT.
If you turn onto a roundabout and you have a vehicle coming towards you, you have screwed up again!

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I agree. My simple instructions to American visitors I have had in the uk is:
We drive on the LEFT, and without exception, you drive onto a roundabout by turning LEFT. Exits from roundabouts will always be a gentle filter to the LEFT.
If you are a country that drives on the RIGHT, just substitute LEFT in the instructions with RIGHT.
If you turn onto a roundabout and you have a vehicle coming towards you, you have screwed up again!

And to add a little more misery, the steering wheel is on the wrong side. ?

• Haha
Reactions: RotorWash
Figure people by now would be getting this figured out. The grey truck was in the wrong right from the start. Wrong lane to enter the circle
Some people (including Americans) unaccustomed to traffic circles can find them a bit challenging. I see at least one wreck a week on ‘roundabouts’ here in my hometown of Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia. In my opinion four way stops are a lot safer! :)

It’s already a difficult concept to get many drivers to properly operate on a one lane, one way road!

Some people (including Americans) unaccustomed to traffic circles can find them a bit challenging. I see at least one wreck a week on ‘roundabouts’ here in my hometown of Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia. In my opinion four way stops are a lot safer! :)
There are a lot of drivers that do not know how four way stops work. I would rather have a traffic light so at least I have a shot at not having to stop.

Having at one time been breifly in highway design, I believe the statistics showed roundabouts safer than other alternatives, including 4-way stops. Also, roundabouts are better for traffic flow.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers