Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Another Spark fly-away tale (True Story - Please help)

seliko2001

Join
Oct 20, 2018
Hi guys and girls. I bought a spark drone and a day after purchase I flew it no more than a 100 meters away when it disconnected and refused to RTH. I saw it all the time, drifting away from me until lost sight of it. I looked all around the neighborhood but no luck.

It seems like it recorded my home point wrong, but then again, it also did not try to return.

While waiting for dji to investigate, could you please take a look at the logs and tell me what chance do i stand to get a replacement? Thanks!

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I haven't read one of these before but it looks like it didn't fly away it just decreased in height till it landed

On the DJI Go app, click on the option 'Find my drone', this will tell you the last known position of the spark.

Doesn't look like there was any attempt to fly the ac home, other than manipulating altitude. Plenty of battery capacity, so it may have hit something. Check last known area on the map or via find my drone i the app.

If it’s was not far enough away for RTP, ( it needs to be at a certain distance, RTP will not operate before then) when you activated it, it would have gone straight down at that point.

Hi guys and girls. I bought a spark drone and a day after purchase I flew it no more than a 100 meters away when it disconnected and refused to RTH. I saw it all the time, drifting away from me until lost sight of it. I looked all around the neighborhood but no luck.

It seems like it recorded my home point wrong, but then again, it also did not try to return.

While waiting for dji to investigate, could you please take a look at the logs and tell me what chance do i stand to get a replacement? Thanks!

Did somebody take it after it landed? It doesn't look far from where you were flying. I would follow map ending point. Talk with some neighbors.
I've had mine for almost a year and only had one time that it went in crazy mode and that was when it was about to land near me within 20-30 feet.. Where for no reason it went out of control and hit the curb. Still the power immediately stopped and there was no damage, not even to any propellers.
Hope you find it.

looks like your spark had a weak GPS to start ( Weak GPS signal. Positional accuracy may be compromised. Please fly with caution ) and then again into the flight . did you loose sight of your spark , also your Home Point Recorded. RTH Altitude: 30m. . you also lost satellites ( GPS Position NoMatch ) where are you . if you were flying and had no LOS it could be the reason .

If it’s was not far enough away for RTP, ( it needs to be at a certain distance, RTP will not operate before then) when you activated it, it would have gone straight down at that point.
I think this is right. Try to check this possibilities... 093249z0996u0qqzpq5liv.jpg

Reactions: rcdancer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme