Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Are you happy with your Spark?

Are you happy with your Spark?

• Yes I am happy I bought a Combo and have no intention of selling it.

Votes: 82 76.6%
  • Yes I am happy I bought an individual Spark and have no intention of selling it.

Votes: 17 15.9%
  • No I am not happy with my Spark Combo and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • No I am not happy with my individual Spark and would like to get a refund or sell it.

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Previous Member

Join
May 26, 2017
Just wondering how people feel about their Sparks after purchase. Remember that even if you dont like it now and you bought the individual, you can always buy a controller when they are released (and shipped) as standalone items, and that might make you happier.

Please feel free to elaborate.

Last edited:
Happy with it so far. Even more happy that I purchased the dji spark care package. It took one day before kiddos figured out the gesture commands but didn't realize there isn't a sensor on the back. Did the wave and it backed right into the house. Probably would have been fine except it flipped over and landed on the concrete so one of the motors didn't spin any longer.

So, it is already on its way back...

Happy with it so far. Even more happy that I purchased the dji spark care package. It took one day before kiddos figured out the gesture commands but didn't realize there isn't a sensor on the back. Did the wave and it backed right into the house. Probably would have been fine except it flipped over and landed on the concrete so one of the motors didn't spin any longer.

So, it is already on its way back...

Can you keep us posted on the repair/Refresh turnaround times?

Well it is what it is...through I feel that it may be a bit overpriced. The $499 packaged should have included a RC

I am happy I purchased the Spark, but wish I would have waited until the combo shipped. I got way too eager to have one and purchased the standalone and now am purchasing all the needed bits separately. For me the Spark without the controller isn't worth it. JMHO

Last edited:
Reactions: Zanz27
Well it is what it is...through I feel that it may be a bit overpriced. The $499 packaged should have included a RC

I agree. I think $399 for the individual and $599 for the combo would have felt better. But its competitors are the Breeze and Dobby, both have inferior software and not as many features and are priced in the mid $300 range so the Spark give you more bang for your buck.

The Spark is fine, but the combo plus DJI Care came to ~$760. It's no where near that fine. Especially with gesture photos the size of postage stamps, and no gesture video. If you still have to use a phone or controller to get a decent Spark shot for $760, then instead, turn over your couch cushions, invest in the Mavic and never regret it.

Totally agree with aviscomi, price should include the RC. I would never control an aircraft without using a device specifically designed for the purpose. Controlling a drone with a phone is asking for trouble. It's not a toy: it can cause really serious harm.

It also took me a long time and lots of effort (hitting up forums etc) to connect the RC to the aircraft. This is supposed to be done at the factory for the flymore package, but clearly in my case was not. It worked as soon as I learned about the three-button reset.

I'm also not thrilled that the gimbal essentially turns off in sport mode.

Other than all that, and as a Mavic owner, I'm happy with it. I'll use it for circumstances where I don't need 4K and risking the Mavic wouldn't make sense.

Other than all that, and as a Mavic owner, I'm happy with it. I'll use it for circumstances where I don't need 4K and risking the Mavic wouldn't make sense.

Happy is a rare commodity, and logic is often its biggest enemy. Out of respect for the former, no more mention of the latter.

Reactions: sebip and Nikon1
I think the Mavic Pro is too good a all round product. Spark had a lot to live up too, so feel a little underwhelmed. But for those who haven't experienced the other DJI products, they are amazed.

Honestly going from a Phantom 3 Standard to a Spark I couldn't be happier. So much so that I'm considering selling my P3S.

The spark is still too recent, as with the mavic following firmware updates will make it great, DJI invest time in testing it but it is still a company that have to deal with launch dates to beat the competition and don't see their R&D go to waste because someone else's drone present features first we live in a world were novelty wears up fast

Not defending them just what I would do from a business point of view, we all would like to get a product 100% flawless but no one would like to wait 2020 when flying iPhone 11 can do the same and more

I am very happy with Spark. My P3 Standard is in the Polarpro Drone trekker backpack and never fly for quite a while. I just took it out to update the new Firmware. With Spark I can fly where ever I want. Lol. This the best selfie Drone I ever purchased. I had Yuneec Breeze, Dobby and Wingsland S8. All of those selfie Drone were returned. They just couldn't meet my expectations.

I've been very happy with the Spark from first flight on. I'm pretty new at this but have found it very easy to fly and quick to get in the air and start taking images and videos and the full res images are pretty good. 4K would be nice but I can live without it for now. I don't really care about the gesture modes. I understand it can be nice if you don't want to carry the RC or phone but for me, they are kind of a gimmick especially with the lower res images.

Considering my expectations when I ordered the Spark FlyMore - I'm very satisfied with what I received. I have a Mavic and it's great for when I know I'll be flying but the Spark is a great replacement for a spur of the moment, "Oh, ****, I wish I'd brought the Mavic."

From day 1 I knew the Spark would live in my hatch and be there when I wanted / needed it.

So - Yes, I am Happy I bought it and Satisfied with what I received.

P.S. - Just waiting for the extra batteries, props & GPC FlyMore Case to arrive.

Honestly going from a Phantom 3 Standard to a Spark I couldn't be happier. So much so that I'm considering selling my P3S.
So glad to see someone say that. I have a P3S I inherited but it's too big to carry anywhere. I'm hoping the spark will solve this!

Well I will have my Spark in a few days. I just bought the Spark without the RC but after reading comments, I think I'm going to purchase the RC right away, an extra battery, and the prop guards (just incase the kids are around it). Now I wish I had gotten the combo pack. I am a Mavic owner so I'm not expecting the Spark to be Mavic-like in all the tech the Mavic has.

Couple things I've learned from this thread however.....
  • In Gesture Mode, you can't shoot video at all? Or do you need to hit RECORD on the RC or App first before doing any gestures?
  • The RC pairing is not easy
  • Didn't realize the gimbal turns off in Sport Mode. So the footage isn't going to be stable at all?

Couple things I've learned from this thread however.....
  • In Gesture Mode, you can't shoot video at all? Or do you need to hit RECORD on the RC or App first before doing any gestures?
  • The RC pairing is not easy
  • Didn't realize the gimbal turns off in Sport Mode. So the footage isn't going to be stable at all?

Good idea to purchase those extra batteries.

1.) You can record but yes gotta hit that record button.
2.) It's easy if you have the right cable which can be (at least for me a headache until I found the right one/s). U-Green on Amazon was perfecto !
3.) Footage will not be stable in SM. Partly I think due to 2 axis gim - but the thingy really fliezzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! It's amazing how quick it is.

BTW, happy? ........shall I say more?

The-Office.gif

Reactions: jleone15022

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex