Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

ATTI mode Spark question.

Rick Morton

Join
Aug 27, 2017
So I know there's no ATTI mode in the spark (without some kind of modification) but if the GPS goes haywire, the drone does go into ATTI mode. Not good for those of us who aren't great at flying yet. I saw a Phantom video where the guy said that when in the ATTI mode (available on the Phantom), if you lose signal or get lost, you can still hit return to home and the drone will come back, even in ATTI mode. Is that true of the Spark as well? I lost GPS once and the drone took off in ATTI mode and I lost sight. Luckily, it gained GPS again and I got it back. Could I have just hit the RTH button and brought it back even though it had lost GPS?

I could be wrong, but as far as I know ATTI means no GPS meaning the drone technically has no idea where it is in the world, and thus can't return home

On the Phantom, if you manually choose ATTI, when you hit RTH it goes back into P-GPS mode.

On Spark, because ATTI is a failure mode, it will not RTH.

Reactions: Haggi
On the Phantom, if you manually choose ATTI, when you hit RTH it goes back into P-GPS mode.

On Spark, because ATTI is a failure mode, it will not RTH.
That's what I was afraid of when I heard him talking about the Phantom. Oh well. Calibrate. Hope for the best.

I also assume that if Sparky loses GPS and defaults to ATTI mode that the radar screen on the bottom left and the distance from home disappears on the DJI GO APP??

If outside LOS, The only lifeline would be use of the camera to find your way home or a familiar LZ?

That happened to me before I understood it. My spark lost GPS and I pressed return to home. It then proceeded to fly off into the sunset... Luckily a good neighbor (over a mile away) found it hovering in the middle of the street and got it back to me... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers