Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Authorized 1500AGL - April 3, 2018

Cool, I figured something like that since I didn't see smoke from a rocket behind it : -)

Hey, so how do you go about getting it authorized?

Cool, I figured something like that since I didn't see smoke from a rocket behind it : -)

Hey, so how do you go about getting it authorized?

There is just a class D county airport within 3 miles of the school - no tower.
And with previous projects, worked with the local hospital Safety and Security director.
Big meeting between them, Medivac pilots, city emergency services manager.
So from previous, they know I am legit and put a good policy into place.
A policy of letting the airport know of flights and calling the hospital to see if there is any medivac traffic expected.
Did that for over a year documenting new construction to our high school.

So once it was completed, they needed that aerial view for updated disaster plans.

Just as simple as asking "Hey I need this flight for XXXX reason and I need it to be 1500AGL".
Yes, really that simple.

But like I said, only two airspace to deal with out here in the country.
Other locations may vary with difficulty of permission.

Matter of fact, I flew for the Safety and Security director to get final approach aerial pictures of their upgraded helipad.
I should have landed on it with the caption "How close can you get to a helipad?" :D

More fun in May as I will be piggybacking a NOTAM for a high school rocket competition and go up 2500ft.
An these rockets are not your old Estes model rockets.
They are solid fuel propellant capable of supersonic speeds and miles of altitude.

Hope to get a good shot of our launch from that height.

Got it, very solid communication with the authorities there, good job. Thanks for sharing.
Looks like your next big jump up will be a lot of fun - you will need to share that too : -).

Reactions: pmshop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe