Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Auto edit

Jonnyvermont

Join
Jun 16, 2017
What is the proper workflow for creating automatically edited videos? Do I have to first download all the videos from the spark to the phone over Wi-Fi? I'm finding this to be a long process which typically does not complete without Wi-Fi disconnecting.

Thanks!

aviscomi

Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Philadelphia, PA
If you're editing the videos on your PC, I suggest taking the SD card out and copying file to your computer.

Jonnyvermont

Join
Jun 16, 2017
Agreed. But I'm talking about the editor in the DJI app. I was just in a situation where I shot a bunch of video and it would have been really fun to send everyone who was there a quick video like they showed during the spark reveal.

In this case, I am assuming I have to download all the video from the drone by clicking the play button on the lower right-hand corner of the DJI go app. I have not successfully been able to download all the video clips. It keeps saying it is disconnected from Wi-Fi. I was hoping there was a quick and easy way to automatically edit a short film and post it.

Thanks.

Attachments

mcquoidd

Join
Jul 4, 2017
yeah the app is only ever using the cached videos from the phone (not good) , its ok for basic as stuff and if u dont care haha,

but yeah best to load them on PC , open editing , take 10mins to do it and then load it to instagram on browser and share to facebook that way,

make it look like came straight from phone ;)

peace

Qrandle

Join
Jul 9, 2017
When I edited in the app it asked if I wanted a true HD (1080) version. When I was DONE editing and ready to create it asked. It then pulled those pieces in 1080 from the SD card and made a finished edit in full HD not 720.

I was surprised. At the same time unless you have something really quick and simple or are on an iPad the app is a hassle.

webvan

Join
Jul 22, 2017
Good to know that it offered to create 1080p version after you were done. Will have to give it another try.

It would be nice to have a PC app that could do what DJI GO does, with better quality music too, the clips they use are really low quality, sounds like 48kbs MP3s !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enredagr