Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot Beta

I tried AutoPilot in a different area (with perfect radio link) and it worked really well - pre-planned at home on the ipad and flew the mission on iphone at the remote site - heres a link to the vid: https://youtu.be/qscsmHtXS-w

(this was completely hands off after engaging in the air at the start/hover point)

(this is the 4.2 official release version)

Tried Autopilot yesterday, killed Go4 before starting up controller/Spark.

Initiated he mission, took off fine to first waypoint.

Still connected to the controller, it started flying outside the lines and got the "bad GPS" warning in AP app.

It started to fly away, slowly.

I used the sticks to over ride, and brought it back home--fighting it along the way (AP was still sending commands?)

Disengaged in the AP app and opened Go4 to land, which took some trying to get it to respond.

Anyone else get this "bad GPS" warning?

I had some weirdness at one site (in a busier area with Cell Towers etc) - I tried it again at a remote site (park away from any source of RF) and it worked perfectly (so try it again at a new location)

I had some weirdness at one site (in a busier area with Cell Towers etc) - I tried it again at a remote site (park away from any source of RF) and it worked perfectly (so try it again at a new location)

I will give it another try.

Right after this malfunction, I flew it using Go4 with no GPS issues...

Actually, it was within the same flight as I had to switch from AP to Go4 to get the Spark back

I found the same thing - for some reason AutoPilot seems more sensitive - worked really well at my second location - its super powerful - cause of the shorter Spark battery life you basically want your mission ready to go before you boot it up and launch (again did this on the ipad and synced to my iPhone for the flight)

Reactions: Lastrexking
julian46 is right. Cell towers can make your gps receiver blind (depending on the frequency they use).
That’s not an issue of Spark or Autopilot.
Fly in good distance to cell towers (min. 100m).

I will give it another try.

Right after this malfunction, I flew it using Go4 with no GPS issues...

Actually, it was within the same flight as I had to switch from AP to Go4 to get the Spark back

Following up:

I’ve flown a bunch of Autopilot waypoint missions since the “bad GPS” without incident—even at that same location.

Always be ready to take control, switch the slider button to S to regain stick control.

Hey, guys, I'm new to the forum! I would like to describe my experience using Autopilot and the Spark. I was approved to become a Beta Tester yesterday. After setting up the app and reading the posts in here, I was ready! I plotted out my waypoint course this morning and took flight. At first, I didn't know how to connect this to the drone until I read a few posts in here. After I followed the instructions, the Spark took off and perfectly executed the waypoint mission! I was so amazed and instantly wanted to explore further. I tried the orbit mode and the Spark did it's thing again! I am not sure if this is what you guys want to hear, but it's just my experience with this app and the Spark.

Fooled around a little bit with the mapping functions on Waypoints mode, and the Spark did its thing perfectly. Covering approx. 3.65 acres taking 66 pictures at 200 ft. height. Had to shoot at -84 degrees (Spark won't shoot to the full -90 degrees) but it served my purposes. Stitched up the pics using Microsoft ICE and the result wasn't too shabby (file was too large to upload). Autopilot keeps getting better and better. Cheers
IMG_5706.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_5706.PNG
    IMG_5706.PNG
    6.1 MB · Views: 49
for me the pano stopped on the last image and didnt capture it, i also had to set the initial gimbal angle to -1 degrees for it to start the pano.
Hi I am having trouble getting the spark to take a pano as a waypoint action have you managed to do this ?? If so How ??
Thanks

@srcrain and
@ExMeruMoto

That's very strange. What kind of mobile do you use?
Today I did a waypoint flight with 8 WPs, also used focus triggers at each WP. Spark flew to all of the points, camera angle as desired. No jitter or other strange behavior.
After that, I tried a pano. Spark flew to the programmed height and all photos were taken.
I use an iPhone 7 with latest Autopilot (4.2 156) and latest DJI Go 4.
Hi can you still take panos as a waypoint action and are there any specific actions you have to take to get it to work when I try the spark just hangs saying Framing image 1 of 23
Cheefs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers