Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autopilot Beta

srcrain

Join
May 30, 2017
Was anyone in this forum able to get in the Autopilot beta for Spark?

If so, how is it? Does it have any interesting features that rival quickshots?

Apple or android? I don't found it for android.

Unfortunately, I have only android stuff.

Apple version... You have to subscribe to the beta testing program first, then they give you a invite to download the app via Flightest.
I did that, but they sent me a link for Testflight/Autopilot for Phantom, Mavic, Inspire and Matrice, but not Spark. How do you know it is the Testflight Spark beta?

Got the code this morning. When clicking "Redeem " it says: "code has expired"

Got a new code and installed Autopilot Beta (iphone 7). Created a few missions with waypoints. Started Spark and engaged the missions: :-(
Spark hovered at place and will not fly any mission. Autopilot recognized the AC and I got some telemetry. Seems there is some work to do
for the software-engineers.

Just installed it today, will probably test it this weekend !
Have you had a chance to test it? I started flying in blackbox mode and the Spark stutters when it flies. It is hard to explain, but very weird. I also tried to use focus and it didn't seem to work at all.

Have you (or anyone that is in the beta test) had a different experience?

Success!!!

Today I got an update for Autopilot beta. Had not much time so I decided to test two predefined routes: 1 circle and in a second flight a few waypoints.

With no expectations, I engaged the routes and: Voila!

Little Spark circled around as wanted and flew those few waypoints (second flight) as predefined.

Good work, Hangar!

Success!!!

Today I got an update for Autopilot beta. Had not much time so I decided to test two predefined routes: 1 circle and in a second flight a few waypoints.

With no expectations, I engaged the routes and: Voila!

Little Spark circled around as wanted and flew those few waypoints (second flight) as predefined.

Good work, Hangar!
I am in the beta too. However, whenever I connect the Spark it flies with a stutter. It is really hard to explain, but it is not a smooth flight. Does this happen to you? This is just in blackbox mode.

I haven't really tried any more advanced flight modes given the erratic flight.

I didn`t test the blackbox yet, only circle and "selfmade waypoint" route. No stutter or similar, Spark did what it should do.
I`ve used the controller and flew at 10m height before engaded the route. Will test more in the next few days.

Nic

Did more Autopilot testing tonight. Good news is the jittery flight is gone, but bad news is I wasn't able to get any flight modes to work. I tested orbit, focus, and follow. None worked. A few times after hitting engage I got a message that said "idle" where it normally says engaged or disengage. Has anyone had this issue? And have people been testing Autopilot? What is your experience?

Hi! I've tested a few times on Waypoints. It would engage but inmediately give me an RC Override on the status bar. It would just hover recording telemetry but wouldn't fly to the first waypoint.

Hi! I've tested a few times on Waypoints. It would engage but inmediately give me an RC Override on the status bar. It would just hover recording telemetry but wouldn't fly to the first waypoint.
That is basically what happened to me too. It goes through the engage sequence but then doesn't do anything after that. Just hovers like you said. I get various error messages including RC Override and Idle.

@srcrain and
@ExMeruMoto

That's very strange. What kind of mobile do you use?
Today I did a waypoint flight with 8 WPs, also used focus triggers at each WP. Spark flew to all of the points, camera angle as desired. No jitter or other strange behavior.
After that, I tried a pano. Spark flew to the programmed height and all photos were taken.
I use an iPhone 7 with latest Autopilot (4.2 156) and latest DJI Go 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme