Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Autumn? Can we compete in the UK?

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
At long last the clouds dispersed, the sun came out, the wind dropped and Spark got up here in Bristol UK. Think we are somewhat behind our North American cousins and friends with our Fall colours but we’ve had no cold weather yet However, progress is being made. A spot of AirMagic and hey presto we’re up and running. Shots are from the Downs looking south, NW towards Filton, east and west to the Severn Estuary (think I’ve got that right!!).

Attachments

• 4B4AA8C6-D9CF-4BBC-A49B-826D1160F398.jpeg
    4B4AA8C6-D9CF-4BBC-A49B-826D1160F398.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 42
  • B0E61267-4924-4183-903E-453697D6639B.jpeg
    B0E61267-4924-4183-903E-453697D6639B.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 15B9FA5E-3DE4-487A-B0B7-07151ED54CA8.jpeg
    15B9FA5E-3DE4-487A-B0B7-07151ED54CA8.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 43
  • 7AF1849E-B762-42BB-9872-EF4CF4D0EB6E.jpeg
    7AF1849E-B762-42BB-9872-EF4CF4D0EB6E.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 48
At long last the clouds dispersed, the sun came out, the wind dropped and Spark got up here in Bristol UK. Think we are somewhat behind our North American cousins and friends with our Fall colours but we’ve had no cold weather yet However, progress is being made. A spot of AirMagic and hey presto we’re up and running. Shots are from the Downs looking south, NW towards Filton, east and west to the Severn Estuary (think I’ve got that right!!).

Nice shots. Looks very similar to Japan. We have had a very long summer this year with temperatures breaking all time record. And then we had the terrible typhoon last weekend. Fall colors will be at their peak rather late this year.

Lovely photos, beautiful scenery Twickers14. I live in the southern US and we don't get the fantastic fall colors our neighbors to the north get. It's actually supposed to get below 80F for a couple of days this week. A real cold snap as it were. ?

Reactions: twickers14
Nice shots. Looks very similar to Japan. We have had a very long summer this year with temperatures breaking all time record. And then we had the terrible typhoon last weekend. Fall colors will be at their peak rather late this year.
Thanks for your kind words. I have been very much aware of your weather as I am a huge rugby fan (as per my pseudo name) and have seen the awful effects of the typhoon. Our thoughts have been with your country men and women.

Reactions: nilanjan118
Westonbirt Arboretum would be amazing with a drone at this time of year! Nice pics twickers.
You are so right and funnily enough I have a diary note to check on the state of the leaves there next week. Not sure if they’d allow me to fly there but will take Spark along and see how it goes.

I very nearly moved with my job in 2014 to Bristol EYE Hospital. In the end I got a better contract here. Lovely city and environs . Would have otherwise been so happy to make the move over.

Is cheddar gorge in there. Lovely shots

I very nearly moved with my job in 2014 to Bristol EYE Hospital. In the end I got a better contract here. Lovely city and environs . Would have otherwise been so happy to make the move over.
Yep, it’s a good place to live. Can’t remember where you are now-is it Devon?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe