Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bad FPV

Troy

Join
Aug 17, 2018
My spark is now giving me a very grainy picture . I am using a mini 4 iPad.
I tested via wifi and cable and can’t see any difference. I tried 2.4 and 5.8 and no improvement. What am I missing .

Nobody can help ?
I see many clear videos from others . Mine are crappy

Sorry for your trouble..

Can you show us some screen recordings or whatever to clarify the issue?

No I can’t show you any as they were so bad I dumped them . I took about 25 pictures and one 4 minute video and it was all crap . The SD card is one that I used in my pro but quit using it as it’s only a 16. Can a card going bad make a bad live view some how .

I would be 100% happy is that’s what I was seeing .
Think of a old Television with snowy reception . That’s what I am getting

I switched to FPV a while back. Now the camera rolls with the spark in Follow mode as well as FPV. The vid is ok, but I don't get air sick like I'd hoped since the spark is so stable

More information is needed. Is the video on SD card grainy (recorded video) or is it just the real-time feed to your iPad?

I switched to FPV a while back. Now the camera rolls with the spark in Follow mode as well as FPV. The vid is ok, but I don't get air sick like I'd hoped since the spark is so stable
Okaayyy...
You do know that the Spark will do the Follow mode when in P-GPS, but will lock the gimbal in FPV when going in Sport-mode? You cannot overrule this.

More information is needed. Is the video on SD card grainy (recorded video) or is it just the real-time feed to your iPad?

It is grainy in both live feed and picture and video . I said in a post above that they were bad enough I dumped them . So my problem is with both

Okaayyy...
You do know that the Spark will do the Follow mode when in P-GPS, but will lock the gimbal in FPV when going in Sport-mode? You cannot overrule this.
I'll check again when not in sport mode. That may the issue, as I just started using sm. I still wish I could get that fighter pilot nausea in FM. Guess I'll have to get a drone that does flips

Have you tried removing your SD card and pulling those pictures directly to make sure you are not getting the "preview" pics?
I always record when I'm flying and review the vid from card afterward. I'll never get sick if the aircraft doesn't roll

Well I'd start the troubleshooting process (if you haven't already!) Start with using different SD cards, phone/tablet., check firmware, etc. If none of that works I'm afraid you'll need to have it serviced.

Well I'd start the troubleshooting process (if you haven't already!) Start with using different SD cards, phone/tablet., check firmware, etc. If none of that works I'm afraid you'll need to have it serviced.

The spark has only been in the air for a few days . When I first flew it on the 14th I think the fpv was great . I used it with my iPhone and my mini 4 iPad . I use both of these screens on my mavic as well . On the third day using the spark is when the pic quality took a dive into the crapper. I have 4 battery’s and the quality of the live view don’t change . It don’t matter if I am using the phone or iPad . I guess I can put a different SD card in but I can’t see how that will change anything . I will look and see if there is anything I can’t shutdown in the app and see if there is any changes .

Hi Haggi,
How do you record a video with the full view i.e the actual dji go screen? I cannot get this view when recording.
Well, I've got the Samsung Note8 on Oreo.
Samsung make an app thats called "Game Launcher". In said app you can add any app on your device.
Soo.. whenever I launch GO 4 app or Litchi I get the opportunity to screenrecord if wanted/needed.

AZ Screen Recorder or similar will also be able to do this..

Reactions: jlsparky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe