Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Basic Setup at Start

Flyfish

Join
May 27, 2019
I would like to follow a basic setup that works every time when I prepare to fly my Spark. The sequence below is what I follow, but the RC doesn’t always connect to the Spark. Please check and suggest where I can improve.
1. Switch on RC
2. Switch on AC and hopefully they pair (normally happens automatically)
3. Put iPhone7 in Airplane mode - to stop phone Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference
4. Connect iPhone to RC with OTG - I assume I don’t have to pair/connect phone to RC via WiFi?
5. Activate DJI GO 4
6. Enter Device if Connected and wait for GPS and Ready to fly.
I arrive at point 6 at times and RC is still trying to connect to AC.
As a newbie I ask, is there a set sequence that will work every time if I follow it to the letter or do I have to calibrate and pair RC to AC every time?
Yes, I have read not clear instructions and watched YouTube videos with contradictions and just want something that doe#nt

Reactions: Maersk65
I would like to follow a basic setup that works every time when I prepare to fly my Spark. The sequence below is what I follow, but the RC doesn’t always connect to the Spark. Please check and suggest where I can improve.
1. Switch on RC
3. Put iPhone7 in Airplane mode - to stop phone Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference
4. Connect iPhone to RC with OTG - I assume I don’t have to pair/connect phone to RC via WiFi?
5. Activate DJI GO 4
As a newbie I ask, is there a set sequence that will work every time if I follow it to the letter or do I have to calibrate and pair RC to AC every time?
Yes, I have read not clear instructions and watched YouTube videos with contradictions and just want something that doe#nt
Hi, this is the exact steps I follow and worked for me so far:)

Try to disconnect the RC AND RECONNECT AGAIN...by pressing the power button for 6 sec to get AC WiFi back to your phone to connect to...
Test that and then reconnect your RC by binding with AC by pressing the AC power3sec to connect your RC

Hope that help...it’s all in the Go4 help videos ...

1. Switch on RC
5. Activate DJI GO 4

Check out this thread.

1. Switch on RC
5. Activate DJI GO 4
I use Android so not sure how much difference that makes but what I do different in my startup is I connect my phone to the RC with OTG first, then I turn on the RC and wait for it to connect to my phone and when it does the GO 4 app is set to run automatically. Once that's up and running I then power up the AC. It then usually takes about 30-45 secs to connect to the RC and I can press on Go Fly. Works without a hitch for me every time so far.

Reactions: Flyfish
I use Android so not sure how much difference that makes but what I do different in my startup is I connect my phone to the RC with OTG first, then I turn on the RC and wait for it to connect to my phone and when it does the GO 4 app is set to run automatically. Once that's up and running I then power up the AC. It then usually takes about 30-45 secs to connect to the RC and I can press on Go Fly. Works without a hitch for me every time so far.
Same here never had a single problem yet 168 flights so far

Reactions: RotorWash
1. Switch on RC
5. Activate DJI GO 4
I believe AC first, then RC and phone with OTG interface already connected. Start Go4 or Red Waypoint and Everything powers up and connects quickly. I've had no problems. Owned my Spark for one year so far without a failure.
Did go into atti mode with compass error once near an airport but google maps brought me back into GPS control again and that was scary to be sure but no crashes to date.

1. Switch on RC
5. Activate DJI GO 4
After step 2, wait for the Green light on the controller, then all should work Every time!!! Thats exactly how I activate my Spark! Safe flying?. Scooter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers