Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Batteries

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
Has anyone bought Spark batteries off amazon? I'm ordering a few things and thought about adding two batteries to my order. I see there sold by a third party seller. Do I take the chance on them? or just buy from a DJI dealer?

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
www.Spark-Help.com
You'll likely be fine by buying from the current seller here on Amazon. Like always, review the feedback for the seller if you're not familiar with them.

If you only want to buy from a dealer, then you can buy from this dealer.

Reactions: Prayingdsr

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
thanks, msinger that's the one I was looking at on Amazon. BTW what kind of warranty does the strobe light have??

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
www.Spark-Help.com
what kind of warranty does the strobe light have?
STROBON Cree lights? The manufacturer doesn't have a warranty posted on their site, but I know they replace/fix them within one year.

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
STROBON Cree lights? The manufacturer doesn't have a warranty posted on their site, but I know they replace/fix them within one year.
Great I will be placing an order for one light (WHITE) no mount because of the landing gear. Order placed thanks, Jeff, 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
I've gotten batteries from Amazon but I've also heard some people got old model, previously opened and even fake batteries. You have to look really close to make sure sold and shipped directly from Amazon. Third party sellers are getting very deceptive and hard to be sure who you are dealing with. If it's not labeled Prime or if shipping takes more than 7 days also sketchy.

You will usually not see them lower for $43 from a legitimate source. Any less than that would make me suspicious. Target has recently had them on clearance in stores but it's not advertised so YMMV.

Highflyer

Join
Nov 10, 2018
Loc
Sanborn, Mn (USA)
Only bought additional batteries from authorized DJI dealer - no problem and have 5 in total.
I decided to buy from the dealer I bought my spark from

Reactions: Rendlesham UAP

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
www.Spark-Help.com
For anyone else looking to buy on Amazon, there are many dealers selling on the listing linked above. For example:
  • Camrise
  • Adorama Camera
  • RotorLogic
  • Unique Photo
  • Aim To Find
  • Fumfie
  • SSE Photo & Video
  • ALL e RC
  • Beach Camera

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Join
May 27, 2017
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Web
www.Spark-Help.com
Seems like that basic issue with these battery purchase decisions is "do I pay full price from an authorized reseller?"
On Amazon, authorized dealers often own the buy box. And if they don't, they are usually the same price as the buy box price. Just click the link to see the other sellers and pick one of the dealers I listed above.

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
On Amazon, authorized dealers often own the buy box. And if they don't, they are usually the same price as the buy box price. Just click the link to see the other sellers and pick one of the dealers I listed above.

View attachment 9181
Yes,I know..

That is how it is SUPPOSED to work. But nefarious third part resellers have successfully spoofed Amazon's system. They are mostly overseas and selling inferior products to what they advertise. It's a widespread problem and Amazon is just starting to address it (no visible improvement yet).

If you see a price too good to be true there's always a reason. Sometimes it's a legit clearance but often it's counterfeit.

The choice is yours... pay near retail price from an authorized seller OR take a greater degree of risk to save a few bucks. Lots of folks have been cheap and thought they were being careful but got burned. Amazon will fix it eventually but in the meantime...

Last edited:

AirBear

Join
Dec 22, 2018
I bought a 2-pack about a month ago and just added another plus a 4 battery charging hub from Amazon. All the batteries were perfect, original DJI product.

Reactions: msinger

Indy Pilot

Join
Mar 2, 2019
If there is a Target store near you, they have in stock batteries for $34. Check their website to order and to make sure your local store has any left.*

*Disclaimer: I hate target and refuse to shop there, but I bent the rules just this once 😁

BikeFlagAZ

Join
Oct 27, 2018
If there is a Target store near you, they have in stock batteries for $34. Check their website to order and to make sure your local store has any left.*

*Disclaimer: I hate target and refuse to shop there, but I bent the rules just this once
Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up two @ $34 each. They rang up at $49.95 but I showed them the web site on my phone and got the $34 price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liriolebron