Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery Charging Cord

skipper20

Join
Dec 28, 2018
My Spark came with 1 charging cord which charges both the aircraft and the remote controller batteries. I'd like to have 2 cords so that I can charge both aircraft and controller batteries at the same time. It looks like the tip at the end of the cord that plugs into both the aircraft and controller charging ports might be DJI proprietary. If this is the case does this mean I have to buy from DJI directly? If I do, no problem but I don't see any section on their website which carries such parts for sale. Are there any online sellers that sell non OEM charging cords that would work properly? Help!

Once you buy another battery or 2, and you probably will, you may want the triple charger that comes standard with the spark Fly more combo. There are also several after market chargers available...on both Amazon and EBay. I just checked Amazon and there;s so many your head will spin...all comes down to what you want and how much you want to spend.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...=aps&field-keywords=dji+spark+battery+charger

I believe I saw a used DJI brand triple charger in the classified section here, down below, too...Not sure if it sold yet though.

My Spark came with 1 charging cord which charges both the aircraft and the remote controller batteries. I'd like to have 2 cords so that I can charge both aircraft and controller batteries at the same time. It looks like the tip at the end of the cord that plugs into both the aircraft and controller charging ports might be DJI proprietary. If this is the case does this mean I have to buy from DJI directly? If I do, no problem but I don't see any section on their website which carries such parts for sale. Are there any online sellers that sell non OEM charging cords that would work properly? Help!

The charging ports for the Spark and Remote Control are not DJI proprietary components - they are just the same micro-USB type common to so many rechargeable devices - nothing special at all. Cheap and ubiquitous.

B357065E-3889-47F4-9432-005DFAEDA532.jpeg

Reactions: rich777
Once you buy another battery or 2, and you probably will, you may want the triple charger that comes standard with the spark Fly more combo. There are also several after market chargers available...on both Amazon and EBay. I just checked Amazon and there;s so many your head will spin...all comes down to what you want and how much you want to spend.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=dji+spark+battery+charger

I believe I saw a used DJI brand triple charger in the classified section here, down below, too...Not sure if it sold yet though.

Thanks but since I'm OK with charging the aircraft battery while it's still in the aircraft all I need is a 2nd cord/cable to charge the controller at the same time. I don't need all of the hardware that comes in these charging kits - just the cord/cable.

Thanks but since I'm OK with charging the aircraft battery while it's still in the aircraft all I need is a 2nd cord/cable to charge the controller at the same time. I don't need all of the hardware that comes in these charging kits - just the cord/cable.
The charging ports for the Spark and Remote Control are not DJI proprietary components - they are just the same micro-USB type common to so many rechargeable devices - nothing special at all. Cheap and ubiquitous.

View attachment 8181
Thanks. Just the answer I was looking for!

While the connector on the Spark provides an obvious visual cue for the orientation of the micro-USB plug, the connector on the remote does not. Make sure that the flat side of the plug on the end of the cable is facing downward as you insert it into the remote. The correct orientation is shown in the crappy picture below.

20190104_075207.jpg

Reactions: tmarez

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran