Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery charging question

SimonO

Join
Dec 29, 2018
Looking to get one and Jessops have a great deal - 399 includes 2nd battery and refresh. It makes the fly more combo a bit of a waste as I would only get the charging unit and some guards for the extra 90. Do you have to charge batteries when they are connected to the spark or can they be charged on their own? Any good 3rd party and cheaper charging units?

Batteries can be charged on their own, in fact that's the only way I have ever done it. I believe the unit you are looking at will come with a battery charger, for charging one at a time.
Keep an eye on the classifieds here, in fact I think there is a triple charging unit on there now for $50.

Batteries can be charged on their own, in fact that's the only way I have ever done it. I believe the unit you are looking at will come with a battery charger, for charging one at a time.
Keep an eye on the classifieds here, in fact I think there is a triple charging unit on there now for $50.

Thanks. So I can charge a battery separately to flying the drone - makes it more useful, is that via USB so I could use a power bank?

Looking to get one and Jessops have a great deal - 399 includes 2nd battery and refresh. It makes the fly more combo a bit of a waste as I would only get the charging unit and some guards for the extra 90. Do you have to charge batteries when they are connected to the spark or can they be charged on their own? Any good 3rd party and cheaper charging units?
OMG

Thanks. So I can charge a battery separately to flying the drone - makes it more useful, is that via USB so I could use a power bank?

If you don't have a charger designed specifically for the battery, you'll need to charge it while it's connected to the Spark. The power connectors on the battery are proprietary; there's no USB port of any kind on the battery itself.

you can charge the spark with 13.8 volts..

the charger dont matter the balancing and cutt off is all done by the battery circuitry these aftermarket chargers just put in voltage.. so its all a lie....

you see all the cirtyry in them is a lie... theres no ballancing etc..... so 2 tabs on the back of the batt the 4 tab ones gold ones 2 are power and ground there are pics that tell you what ones.. get a power supply that outputs 13.5 or more volts i think 14.4 is max make a jig and place the batt in it and the batt will charge and stop on its own...

im in the process of using a ebay step up voltage reg the 10 amp ones and 3d printing a case and injecting just voltage...

also a lipo charger can do the same thing cut off a plug off one of those chargers off ebay make a cable for your lipo charger and hit lipo hv then the amps and current set.... etc and all the lipo charger does is input voltage same thing.... you can even buy cords off ebay for it...for like 10 bucks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme