Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery disconnects while in flight

Sinfin

Join
Jul 22, 2019
Hello guys have a big problem I've had my drone for about 2 years nowvand never had this happen to me about 300 ft up it was night time i lost power to spark didnt see it till i heard big clump first it was battery then drone in all places had to land in rocks both broke real bad. Has that happendd to anyone else? I know spark is not use able anymore so im out well with all the stuff i got for it maybe $800

Check out these threads.

Battery clips, O rings, or a good plug 'n tug when installing the battery correctly will help to eliminate this from happening again.

DJI is aware of this and is why the battery had been redesigned with larger locking tabs, but the old ones work fine when properly installed. I have nine of them.

Since you already have a bunch of Spark stuff, check the classified section or the web and purchase another Spark.

Or sell your stuff in the classified section.

You're not the first pilot to lose the Spark because of the battery disengaging.

Hello guys have a big problem I've had my drone for about 2 years nowvand never had this happen to me about 300 ft up it was night time i lost power to spark didnt see it till i heard big clump first it was battery then drone in all places had to land in rocks both broke real bad. Has that happendd to anyone else? I know spark is not use able anymore so im out well with all the stuff i got for it maybe $800
I have been using the battery clip for a little while now. Never had a problem with the batteries but I wanted the extra security. Extremely affordable product and gives you peace of mind.

I ordered a 3D printed battery clip in June which we allowed a few weeks to get here.It never arrived.We finally tracked it to a Royal Mail hub but they had lost it.It had arrived within a week. They assumed that as they hadn’t delivered it that it was lost and they told us to contact the supplier.No apology .
Does anyone have problems with the rubber strap versions upsetting the sensors.I don’t want to fly the Spark until I have a battery back up

yes..., this has happened to me also. I got somewhat luckier as mine was 15 feet over the side walk. I got a thermally printed strap that goes around the back and the lights show thru the strap so you can see the discharge rate. This is a common problem and one to watch out for.

"Night time", "didn't see it"... Anything wrong with this picture?

Thank you
Check out these threads.

Battery clips, O rings, or a good plug 'n tug when installing the battery correctly will help to eliminate this from happening again.

DJI is aware of this and is why the battery had been redesigned with larger locking tabs, but the old ones work fine when properly installed. I have nine of them.

Since you already have a bunch of Spark stuff, check the classified section or the web and purchase another Spark.

Or sell your stuff in the classified section.

You're not the first pilot to lose the Spark because of the battery disengaging.

I was showingmy nephew how it takes good pictures
Of city lights but not sure if u were being sarcastic or what

Well... At least in USA, drone flights at night are forbidden unless you're a part 107 pilot and have a "daylight waver."

Reactions: ajkm
Well... At least in USA, drone flights at night are forbidden unless you're a part 107 pilot and have a "daylight waver."
Can you post a link to that? I was not aware about night flights and want to read more to see what else I missed.

Actually that isn't correct. The restriction is on Part 107 unless, as you stated, they have the "daylight waver". Hobbyist are allowed if you have avoidance lighting that can be seen for three miles like the Lume Cube strobe.

Actually that isn't correct. The restriction is on Part 107 unless, as you stated, they have the "daylight waver". Hobbyist are allowed if you have avoidance lighting that can be seen for three miles like the Lume Cube strobe.
Note that the Waiver for "recreational flyers" [FAA Form 7711-1, 49 USC 44809] specifically only applies VLOS (so not if the drone can't be seen, which would include at night) and "between civil sunrise and civil sunset local time".

AFAIK, it hasn't been repealed or amended.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran