Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery firmware , How?

Cashjon

Join
Aug 27, 2017
Hi guys, hope this is in the right section. I was reading other posts about updating the extra batteries in the forums. They said that if you shut everything down and restart with battery in that needs update then you will have a update box come up. That is not the case. All I get is on the app it reads "Go fly" but when you click it It has the red "cannot take off" and of course if you click that and select latest firmware it has the red triangle and says cannot take off due to battery firmware. Problem is that I can not find how to update firmware on batteries. I must be doing something wrong, very confused now, Thanks

I believe AC refers to aircraft (drone). Just connect your drone via USB cable to your computer, install DJI Assistant and it will show if an update is available.

Sent from my Galaxy A5

I believe AC refers to aircraft (drone). Just connect your drone via USB cable to your computer, install DJI Assistant and it will show if an update is available.

Sent from my Galaxy A5

yes, THANKS, im just now trying to find assistant

Yes,
AC= Aircraft
RC= Remote control

Yes I read a few more posts and figured that out, I'm just new to "Spark" but have a P3P also. Just wanted to thank you all for replies, got it updated once I found the "assistant" program it updated right away. Again a big THANK-YOU.

Dji themselves dont know how their drones work its people in these forums who do

bennie

Reactions: J-4ce
With that battery in, connect the AC to computer and open DJI assistant. Click on refresh firmware to update the battery.

Will this update the new extra battery ONLY (without changing the firmware on the Spark itself) to the same FW that resides on the Spark itself

- or -

will this update EVERYTHING (AC, RC, battery) to the latest version available?

Currently, there is 701 on my Spark and I have no need to go to the latest firmware available (900), but I need to update two new extra batteries I got.

EDIT:

Just tried it - Assistant lets you chose a certain firmware (not neccessariliy the latest one), so everything is fine ;)

So what's the best way to update those batteries to be compatible with 701, without updating to the latest firmware entirely?

Last edited:
Will this update the new extra battery ONLY (without changing the firmware on the Spark itself) to the same FW that resides on the Spark itself

- or -

will this update EVERYTHING (AC, RC, battery) to the latest version available?

Currently, there is 701 on my Spark and I have no need to go to the latest firmware available (900), but I need to update two new extra batteries I got.

EDIT:

Just tried it - Assistant lets you chose a certain firmware (not neccessariliy the latest one), so everything is fine ;)

So what's the best way to update those batteries to be compatible with 701, without updating to the latest firmware entirely?
Bump. I have the same question too. I'm running NLD 900 and do not want to update to 1000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzoorsp67