Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Battery Strap O ring Hack

Or an alternative way.

This method has two pieces of the O ring securing the battery to the Spark verses just the one.

Roll the O ring to the top and the battery is very easy to change.

20181216_115129.jpg

20181216_115413.jpg

Nice cheap fix mate, I have not had an issue with the battery falling out yet, But now I have said that lol.

It only needs to happen once.

But with proper insertion of the batteries, there shouldn't be an issue.

I'm up to nine batteries of the old style design.

The first three batteries, I have been using since July 2017 and they show no wear and fit tight.

I do the Plug and Tug on each battery change.

I trust the battery and the procedure of changing it.

The O ring is JIC.

I do the Plug and Tug on each battery change.

I wondered if this was a large issue for those batteries that are inserted correctly until they latch well. I've got three batteries and they seem to "click" pretty solidly when I insert them. The only time I would think there would be a problem is if vibration were to "unlatch" a battery since they are pretty solidly latched and I have to pull a bit after unlatching to get them to come loose.

Reactions: Andre Levite
Only thing with them is the rear prop guards can't be used.

I found that out when I used the clip.

The Spark sort of looked like a flying lobster with only the front guards attached.:rolleyes:

20180728_230947.jpg

I was testing a strobe light set up on the battery clip.

When I used a Dremal tool to remove material from the clip, to make room for the guards, it made the clip too weak and broke after several uses.

Can anybody provide a link to the o-ring they have used successfully. I've been looking and I can only find large collections of assorted o-rings or o-rings made from different materials (they use technical names, not simply "rubber o-ring"). Thanks. By the way, I agree with taking care to make sure the battery is secure, but I'd like that little bit of extra protection the o-ring technique provides.

Can anybody provide a link to the o-ring they have used successfully. I've been looking and I can only find large collections of assorted o-rings or o-rings made from different materials (they use technical names, not simply "rubber o-ring"). Thanks. By the way, I agree with taking care to make sure the battery is secure, but I'd like that little bit of extra protection the o-ring technique provides.

I used the EPDM rubber rings from Grainger's.

You might try a hardware or automotive store if a Grainger's is not available near by.
They can ship but it costs more than the parts.

The #141 fits tight but you could go smaller if you wanted a little tighter fit. #140,139, etc.

The size of the rings are on the site.

The #141 ring is 2 5/16" ID, 2 1/2" OD.

I bought a Multi-Pack at the local Automotive chain store for $6. It had a couple dozen different sizes in there and only 1 of the one I needed but now I have a box of o-rings if I need one in the next 10 years or so LOL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers