Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Been 2 years since last flight and cant remember the steps

Scott C

Join
Feb 28, 2018
Loc
Phoenix, AZ
Well I stopped flying when I had a glitch in the camera recording video (would go in and out). So now Im all charged up and cant remember all I need to do to get flight ready, New phone, New Laptop, etc. so could anyone point me to the setup steps to get me flying again? Yes I know I'm being lazy but at 70 everything goes slower without help.

Welcome back Scott !
2 years is quite a while, so first thing is the batteries.

Did you keep an eye on them in storage ?
Ie check / charge now and then if voltage got low-ish, like 1 bar flashing.

Do they still show a discharge state with one push ?
Do they behave normally on the charger ?

They've possibly survived the long period of non use without 'bricking', assuming so . . .

Check all this at home, props off on a table is safest.

Install fully charged battery.
Connect up controller and new device (compatible I guess ?) . . . I've always used a cable connection, but you might use wifi ?
Some say there's a particular order to start / connect everything, but I've never had an issue starting whatever first.

When Spark is activated (short then immediate longer push), just wait for signal connection and controller view.
Check all features of the Go4 app, gimbal movement, try a photo / video with it sitting on the table.
Check battery especially, the cell balances to ensure all even, do this with all your batteries.

If all appears normal, take it outside and check / fit props, give it some safe short test flights in a large open flat space (sports oval / park etc).

Experiment from there, taking further / higher flights until you are happy with things being normal, hone up your stick use etc.

Enjoy ! (Again)

Welcome back Scott !
2 years is quite a while, so first thing is the batteries.

Did you keep an eye on them in storage ?
Ie check / charge now and then if voltage got low-ish, like 1 bar flashing.

Do they still show a discharge state with one push ?
Do they behave normally on the charger ?

They've possibly survived the long period of non use without 'bricking', assuming so . . .

Check all this at home, props off on a table is safest.

Install fully charged battery.
Connect up controller and new device (compatible I guess ?) . . . I've always used a cable connection, but you might use wifi ?
Some say there's a particular order to start / connect everything, but I've never had an issue starting whatever first.

When Spark is activated (short then immediate longer push), just wait for signal connection and controller view.
Check all features of the Go4 app, gimbal movement, try a photo / video with it sitting on the table.
Check battery especially, the cell balances to ensure all even, do this with all your batteries.

If all appears normal, take it outside and check / fit props, give it some safe short test flights in a large open flat space (sports oval / park etc).

Experiment from there, taking further / higher flights until you are happy with things being normal, hone up your stick use etc.

Enjoy ! (Again)
Just what this Forum is for. Brilliant help for a fellow Member. Haven’t fired my Spark up for a few months either so am saving this response. Thank you.

Follow up to my Help Post...Dusted off Sparky, greased the landing gear, charged up the batteries, and installed all the updates. Boom I looking in my neighbors back yard to see what he is building. All is good with this old pilot.

Heading to Puerto Penasco next week for 6 days of Kayak fishing in the De Marua Estuary, and if all goes well should have some great videos to share.

Thanks, fellow pilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe