Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Ben Macdui, Cairngorms National Park, Scotland

ArthurC

Join
Dec 6, 2019
Our second stop on the honeymoon was at Cairngorms National Park, which has some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever put my eyes on.

Ben Macdui is the second highest mountain in the UK, and the highest in the Cairngorms. This particular day was the first clear(ish) day in weeks, and turned out to be the best hike we've ever done.

About one third of the video was taken with my Spark, one half with my OSMO pocket, and the rest are panoramas and timelapses taken with my DSLR and an action camera.

This is definitely a long video, but I couldn't decide what else to cut, and it happened to fit my Beethoven "Leonore" soundtrack perfectly.

So, for those TLDW folks out there, the drone highlights are: the first 3 minutes, 5:20, 7:30, 10:00, and 13:00.

And although not shot with a drone, the clip at 3:50 is probably the coolest thing I've ever caught on video.

So enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Good thing the Spark is easy to carry. The hike looked strenuous (for an old tubby like me). Agree that the video at 3:50 is awesome.

Good thing the Spark is easy to carry. The hike looked strenuous (for an old tubby like me). Agree that the video at 3:50 is awesome.

That's exactly why I chose the Spark as an upgrade from the Breeze. Smaller, lighter, and significantly better video quality.

And yes, that hike would be pretty strenuous for most people. Over 14 miles and almost 4000 feet of elevation gain makes it on of the more difficult hikes in the UK. It was definitely hard for us, we were both sore the next day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav