Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best Color

MR2 LANDO

Join
Dec 14, 2018
What is the best color for the Spark? I like red but I read that green and yellow ate the easiest ones to see at s distance

The Spark is a tiny drone. I think it's going to be tough to see from a distance in any color. If you want to make it more visible, look into attaching Flytron STROBON strobe lights to the front and back.

Red goes faster.

Just ask anybody with a sports car.:D

Just kidding, they're all the same build and perform equally.

Reactions: NDJollyMon
Mine was meadow green, when I was looking for it in woods and yards after it flew away, keeping my eyes peeled for something bright green, I kept thinking white would standout more. I don’t know if that’s the case, but that’s what it seemed as I looked.
A lot of white sparks listed new on eBay are relatively cheap, the cheapest almost 40$s less than most colored ones, so if I get another Spark I’d probably get a white one and if I want color get a decal for the top.
There’s a lot of really good color options, question is how good are the decals, do they look good if applied well or can you tell they’re decals?

I am going to apply reflective vinyl on mine on the top and bottom. If it ever gets lost and I have an idea where it landed, I can search for it at night with a good bright flashlight.

I am going to apply reflective vinyl on mine on the top and bottom. If it ever gets lost and I have an idea where it landed, I can search for it at night with a good bright flashlight.

Here's mine.

I used a paper hole punch and made dots from highly reflective D.O.T. tape used for marking trails. It really pops when the light hits it.

20181216_115006.jpg

I did this after reading a story here on the Forum that they found the lost Spark in heavy brush by the sun glistening off of the 4 brass contacts of the battery.

September 23, 2018 40024 AM EDT.jpg

I circled it and still it's hard to see.

Last edited:
I remember that story. The dot idea is a good one. I have a vinyl cutter like the sign shops use. I am going to create a pattern of some kind eventually. I wish I could get some of the high vis vinyl you used but I think I have enough sign vinyl to get the job done.

Reactions: Spark 317
I remember that story. The dot idea is a good one. I have a vinyl cutter like the sign shops use. I am going to create a pattern of some kind eventually. I wish I could get some of the high vis vinyl you used but I think I have enough sign vinyl to get the job done.

I chose red with the idea that it is a color not often found in nature compared to other choices. It won’t make it easy to spot the Spark on the ground, just easier.

Of course there are many Spark skins you could apply to make it more visible when down.

Northern Bob

I chose red with the idea that it is a color not often found in nature compared to other choices. It won’t make it easy to spot the Spark on the ground, just easier.

Don't fly during the fall season as there's plenty of red, and yellow leaves all over the ground. :p

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Northern Bob.

The red ones go faster.
Just ask anybody with a sports car.;)

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit