Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best Spark Accessory packages

Mtntrogger

Join
Aug 16, 2019
I am considering buying one of these packages that are available on Amazon.
My first Spark (the one I lost on one of my first flights) had the propeller gaurds from DJI. I havent damaged my current props too much, but the gaurds seem pretty helpful, as I have had the drone get sideways during landings a few times. However I have started to adopt the palm landing technique more often, especially out in the wilderness.

I am also interested in a few of the other items that commonly come in the kits like the gimbal gaurd for travel, and the sunshade for the camera. Landing gear also seems like a neat idea but most of them seem a bit janky and probably not necessary. The antenna shade thingys, although gimicky, seems to have given some folks good results. Many of the non-DJ prop gaurds seem to have bad reviews.

Bottom line is that Im not trying to add a bunch of weight to the bird on items that arent really helpful. After reading the reviews on most of the different brands and options it seems like they all have several bad reviews and a few good ones !

If anyone on here has tried any of these kits please help point me in the right direction or steer me away from the garbage. Thanks !

Reactions: ralf
Definitely get a gimbal guard. I don't have a sun shade and depending on which brand you get, it may interfere with the gimbal operation.

I'm a fan of the stock prop guards. They are easy to put on and they make the Spark appear larger in flight to possibly thwart off a bird attack and makes it easier to see. If the Spark did crash, they may absorb some of the impact and explode like an Indy car does after impacting a wall, protecting the Spark. The best part is that I can carry the Spark with my pinky finger if my hands are full.:)

I had landing gear but hand launch / land all the time. It's so easy. But I don't use an open palm, more of a pinch (like flying a paper airplane) and grab it with a firm grip as I hold the left stick down. Some pilots do a flip with the Spark to kill it but not me.

I have the antennae thingy and only used them a few times. I'm not a long distance flyer and tend to stick with the VLOS rule when flying. I usally have a good signal and don't need them. But they are in the bag JIC.

A neck lanyard is nice to have. It's a tethered life line for your remote and device.

Three apps worth having for your device are UAV Forcast, Airmap, Windy (dot com).

UAV Forecast provides weather information with parameters you can set, like the wind speed at 200 feet.

Airmap lets know about the Airspace.

Windy is an app that shows the wind blowing as a soothing graphic over a map verses just an arrow pointing a direction. Good to know if the Spark goes into Atti-Mode and wants to ride with wind for a while unless you have control of it.

The bundled kits are neat, but you only need a few things.

Definitely get a gimbal guard. I don't have a sun shade and depending on which brand you get, it may interfere with the gimbal operation.

I'm a fan of the stock prop guards. They are easy to put on and they make the Spark appear larger in flight to possibly thwart off a bird attack and makes it easier to see. If the Spark did crash, they may absorb some of the impact and explode like an Indy car does after impacting a wall, protecting the Spark. The best part is that I can carry the Spark with my pinky finger if my hands are full.:)

I had landing gear but hand launch / land all the time. It's so easy. But I don't use an open palm, more of a pinch (like flying a paper airplane) and grab it with a firm grip as I hold the left stick down. Some pilots do a flip with the Spark to kill it but not me.

I have the antennae thingy and only used them a few times. I'm not a long distance flyer and tend to stick with the VLOS rule when flying. I usally have a good signal and don't need them. But they are in the bag JIC.

A neck lanyard is nice to have. It's a tethered life line for your remote and device.

Three apps worth having for your device are UAV Forcast, Airmap, Windy (dot com).

UAV Forecast provides weather information with parameters you can set, like the wind speed at 200 feet.

Airmap lets know about the Airspace.

Windy is an app that shows the wind blowing as a soothing graphic over a map verses just an arrow pointing a direction. Good to know if the Spark goes into Atti-Mode and wants to ride with wind for a while unless you have control of it.

The bundled kits are neat, but you only need a few things.
Never heard of windy.com just added it ?

Reactions: Spark 317
You may want to have a look around in different site's such as Wish or Banggood for the vast amount of little extras that are available, Instead of grabbing a "Kit" from amazon, I managed to pick up several parts cheaply that would have otherwise cost me more in a kit. I have so far got a set of carbon fiber props, Landing skid, Battery securing clip, set of filters (but as per my previous thread) got stung on these, gimble shade, prop securing clips

Not exactly the accessory that your talking about but possibly one of the most valuable things I’ve bought for my spark was the portable charging station.

I bought the fly more combo when it was out which gave me enough bits and pieces to be happy. I like to take my spark with me on adventures but get disappointed running out of battery. So I bought a third battery and the portable charging station and can now fly with charging on the go for approximately 1.5hrs!

Reactions: RotorWash
Lots of great ideas. My four penny worth, get one of these packages. I use the prop guards at all times and the extra thing they give is legs. I do not palm launch or land (nearly lost a thumb the first time I tried it and never again) so I often take off from grass and land in it. Have bought a landing pad too and am using that more and more. Spark seems to like landing on it. Anyway here is the link
Amazon.https://www.amazon.co.uk/KUUQA-Accessory-Including-Controller-Protective/dp/B075L2KXGF/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=Dji+Spark+accessories&qid=1572289599&sr=8-7

Using Fusion 360 I have been able to select a pick of the large bunch of accessories and create my versions and 3D print. I'm not sure if it saves money but I enjoy the time experimenting with improvement. For example some prop guards available tend to chew up the prop edges. My version doesn't and the Spark is easier to stow.

Using Fusion 360 I have been able to select a pick of the large bunch of accessories and create my versions and 3D print. I'm not sure if it saves money but I enjoy the time experimenting with improvement. For example some prop guards available tend to chew up the prop edges. My version doesn't and the Spark is easier to stow.
Share some pictures please do you take orders? price list? every little helps

Share some pictures please do you take orders? price list? every little helps
The ideas for these came from the myriad of accessories available on the web. I've taken the time to make them fit and not damage my Spark. The controller protector is profiled to fit into the dome of the stick and hence lock it better.
The prop guards are sized to slide on easily but be held in place by the elastic. The centre clip ensures the guards centre correctly. I would suggest if anyone has access to a 3D printer. You or a friend, total cost of manufacture approximately $5.00
I can make the #D printer files available if we are allow to on this forum.

Controller-guard.jpg
Prop-Guards.jpg

Reactions: ralf
I would suggest if anyone has access to a 3D printer.

Check the local library.

Not only do they have books about it, some have 3d printers to use. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef