Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best tablet for spark

When the spark isn't behaving I use tramadol, that usually works for me.... Seriously though as long as it's fairly recent and not one of the low specd cheap ones you should be fine..

I haven’t used android, I use apple products and have been happy with my iPad for the very few times I’ve flown so far. From what I’ve read, most people favor iOS for the spark.

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used phones and tablets here.

iPad Mini 4? Huwei Wunderlhone? Elate/Ascend?

I use a galaxy tab a 8 2017 edition. App crashes every other flight once, and have to restart it.

Iam not looking for a tablet to crash every other flight [emoji58]

Ipad Mini 4. I've used Apple Tablets (Ipad Air, Ipad Air 2, Ipad Pro) with all my DJI drones. And as long as they are supported/recommended they've worked flawlessly. They've never shutdown, loss connectivity, video, etc...

Sure some of those Android based tablets works well too, but way back when I was getting into this whole drone thing, Apple products seemed to have way less issues... I want hassle free flying...

Ipad Mini 4. I've used Apple Tablets (Ipad Air, Ipad Air 2, Ipad Pro) with all my DJI drones. And as long as they are supported/recommended they've worked flawlessly. They've never shutdown, loss connectivity, video, etc...

Sure some of those Android based tablets works well too, but way back when I was getting into this whole drone thing, Apple products seemed to have way less issues... I want hassle free flying...
+1 I've flown all of my DJI platform using various versions of the iPad Mini and NEVER had an issue apart from sun-glare

I’ve been using a 2017 ipad WiFi only tethered to my phone using otg with no issues (although I haven’t flown that much). However, I did just purchase a 10.5” iPad Pro with cellular. I’m hoping that works even better. Should have a much brighter screen and it won’t wast resources tethering to my phone.

Honestly I don't think I have read any Android tablet that worked really well. Then again the Crystal Sky is Android based so get that irony. From my understanding the CS is pretty good. Aside from that there are here and there tablets but you have to downgrade a firmware...downgrade the app version etc etc.

On the other hand, the iPad mini 4 has been the most solid out all that I have read. Size wise and portability and reliability.

Reactions: Sparkbart and amir
Honestly I don't think I have read any Android tablet that worked really well
I own five Android devices. All of them work just fine. Then again, I know how to set up Android devices to run DJI GO efficiently. That seems to be the main stumbling block people run into.

Reactions: jay1028
I already spend over 650 pounds on the combo and extra battery i didnt want to spend more extra on a ipad mini any suggestions on a good android

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit