Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best Video Settings?

blown240

Join
Nov 21, 2017
I just got a spark yesterday, and the video quality doesn't seem as good as my Phantom 3 advanced. On the phantom I record in 1080, so I would think the spark should be as good. Am I missing something in setup maybe?

I am comparing videos that I get from the SD card, not the previews in the app...

Reactions: Aerial View
I just got a spark yesterday, and the video quality doesn't seem as good as my Phantom 3 advanced. On the phantom I record in 1080, so I would think the spark should be as good. Am I missing something in setup maybe?

I am comparing videos that I get from the SD card, not the previews in the app...

Compare the camera specs on the Phantom 3 Advanced to the Spark...

The camera on the P3A is better than that of the Spark, especially in the bitrate - 60 Mbps as compared to 24 Mbps...which probably accounts for the difference you see.

The DJI Spark could have many features enabled. But it has been disabled by the marketing guys. Flying planned missions is one thing, higher bitrate and raw photos is another. These are features that could be enabled by a software update. But then you get the quick shot modes and gesture controls to make up for it.

Since there is no real competition to DJI, they save this software update for the Spark 2.

As I see it, the largest threat to DJI is cheap drones doing things 75% as good. this is what killed GoPros dominance. If people can buy good quality action cams for less than half price, with the specs GoPro had one year ago, they will do that.
What we need to push DJI on the spark scene is GPS and better camera in the small selfie drones. You can build an F4 based quad with 1306 motors for < $100. Then add gimbal, 1080p cam, and a few sensors, and you are at $150 in single parts, free shipping - So selling a $200 close to Spark is doable. But now the whole market in China is DJI Spark looking E5x like with bad 720p, no gps for $35-$50.

Reactions: Wanderer
More and more Spark users are using patched 4.1.14 / 4.1.15 app (FCC mode, offline hack) and older firmware versions (to be able to modify firmware parameters).

If they will reach a critical mass and no one uses the latest app / firmware versions anymore, DJI will probably unlocked "new" features to bait the people to the latest versions again. Let's see... The latest feature additions for the Spark have been a joke , not worth updating yet.

More and more Spark users are using patched 4.1.14 / 4.1.15 app (FCC mode, offline hack) and older firmware versions (to be able to modify firmware parameters).

If they will reach a critical mass and no one uses the latest app / firmware versions anymore, DJI will probably unlocked "new" features to bait the people to the latest versions again. Let's see... The latest feature additions for the Spark have been a joke , not worth updating yet.
Hi, can you tell me where I find modified firmware information?

Reactions: abrinser

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme