Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Best Windows Editing Software

nedcampbell

Join
Aug 18, 2018
New to drone filming. Would appreciate recommendations on the best Windows software for editing and producing drone video. Thx.

Reactions: Inactive
New to drone filming. Would appreciate recommendations on the best Windows software for editing and producing drone video. Thx.

As a long time professional editor (20+ years) I can easily recommend Adobe Premiere or Premiere Elements.

Hands down “the best” for Windows.

Can't go wrong with these indeed but the learning curve is steep and they're expensive.
When I need to do something quickly I use Filmora and get some decent results at a fraction of the cost and curve ;-)

Reactions: graywoulf and Haggi
I, and a lot of others here also use Wondershare Filmora. Easy to learn and use and it works well on Windows without loading down the CPU. And there are lots of tutorial videos on YouTube for it. There is a free version available to download and try and if you like it, you can get a really good deal on a permanent lifetime (no subscription) copy if you hit the uninstall button. Then a popup window will appear with a really good offer for the permanent licensed version. You can also see lots of demo videos of the software on YouTube as well.

[OFFICIAL] Wondershare Filmora - Easy, Trendy and Quality Video Editor

Can't go wrong with these indeed but the learning curve is steep and they're expensive.
When I need to do something quickly I use Filmora and get some decent results at a fraction of the cost and curve ;-)
Buy far and away the best bang for your buck. I use this program and am easily able to create professional projects.

I use Lighworks, it's free and I found it to be a little bit more freeing than Filmora. Granted, a little bit more of a learning curve but you can export video without any watermarks and such but the downside is that you can only export to 720p with the free version. A bit confusing to work at the beginning, but a couple of YouTube videos help. YouTube and their support blogs.

Reactions: Jay Wolters
Use filmora its the best for me, it even allows green screening with chrome key. I have made some Hollywood style effect so real I even fooled my bf uncle who does photography, untill he looked closer lol.

Cyberlink's PowerDirector also easy to learn and learn. It is an powerful software and there are two version - one for free (but with watermarks etc.) and the other for a few bucks.

Reactions: ddease
Cyberlink's PowerDirector also easy to learn and learn. It is an powerful software and there are two version - one for free (but with watermarks etc.) and the other for a few bucks.
The most powerful eduter I have is called Nuke professional and I paid $899 for it about a year ago but haven't really used it except once, because it takes a lot of time exp and patients and it's just way more complex than I thought lol.

I use microsoft movie maker, it's dead easy and still does everything you need for simple edits. Have a look at my vids.
It's free too.

I, and a lot of others here also use Wondershare Filmora. Easy to learn and use and it works well on Windows without loading down the CPU. And there are lots of tutorial videos on YouTube for it. There is a free version available to download and try and if you like it, you can get a really good deal on a permanent lifetime (no subscription) copy if you hit the uninstall button. Then a popup window will appear with a really good offer for the permanent licensed version. You can also see lots of demo videos of the software on YouTube as well.

[OFFICIAL] Wondershare Filmora - Easy, Trendy and Quality Video Editor
Agreed, Filmora it is for me as well. Really easy to use, and works well even on the older generation of CPU's.

Reactions: graywoulf
Agreed, Filmora it is for me as well. Really easy to use, and works well even on the older generation of CPU's.
Yes filmora is amazing, you know they have a great version for mobile too, of course without the greenscreen obviously only thing is for me it takes like 30 minutes to save the video

Yes filmora is amazing, you know they have a great version for mobile too, of course without the greenscreen obviously only thing is for me it takes like 30 minutes to save the video
You use the pro version I'm assuming? How much is it? I like using Light works, but I feel that it may be more expensive to switch to pro than Filmora. Thoughts?

You use the pro version I'm assuming? How much is it? I like using Light works, but I feel that it may be more expensive to switch to pro than Filmora. Thoughts?
I'll check again but it's not expensive, I think like 50 but I'll check

Thanks to everyone. I bought Filmora. What a snap. In one flight to Vegas I put together my first drone video. A couple more hours to figure out transitions, titles and sound track. I will post it once I get it loaded to YouTube. Thanks everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe