Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Beware go 4 update

Ianrlfc

Join
May 9, 2019
Hi all
Updated the go 4 app yesterday and an hour later the spark Had a massive gps failure and flew god knows where?
Absolutely gutted, on a clear field 105m away 17 sats connected Then gone
If I ever get another one I think a tracker may be required
Just a friendly warning and hope it’s just a one off

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Ianrlfc.

Bummer about your Spark.

You may be able to retrieve the flight logs from your device by following the instructions here.

People here on the Forum may be able to interpret the flight and see what went wrong and / or where it went.

You might send DJI an Email and tell them what happened.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :)

Last edited:
Ugh so sorry to hear that. You are in the UK as am I but I haven’t received the update yet. Will be very wary although I have to say I have never had a problem before. Will watch out for it and thanks for the heads up

Ugh so sorry to hear that. You are in the UK as am I but I haven’t received the update yet. Will be very wary although I have to say I have never had a problem before. Will watch out for it and thanks for the heads up

Hi all
Updated the go 4 app yesterday and an hour later the spark Had a massive gps failure and flew god knows where?
Absolutely gutted, on a clear field 105m away 17 sats connected Then gone
If I ever get another one I think a tracker may be required
Just a friendly warning and hope it’s just a one off
Hi IanrIfc I am real sorry to hear of your loss . Some months ago a member of the forum said to be careful of updates, and wait for more experienced members to give their comments, also suggested if you not having problems don’t update Which advice I have followed But you should do what you think best Hope you can find sparky .Regards Engie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme