Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

'Bike Build'... the concept+days1-19

Fantastic progress Brian. Was wondering if Noah's bike will have an electrical system for lights?
Thanks for the kind words Dragonfly Joe!
hahaha lights...
I'm trying to crowbar leds into the project without looking daft....
I have my eye on a smallish analogue rev counter that has some lights :)
On the horizon we have SOUND to look forward to ...
the crackle of a two stroke .... that's the challenge of building an expansion chamber that looks the business and sounds amazing!
As with all builds I will get to a point that I have to stop the build, strip it right down and tidy up ALL the loose ends of rough design ideas.

Last edited:
Great 360 shot Brian and smooth as glass! Way to go. Also, Noah's bike looks fantastic.
Cheers Dragonfly Joe!
Glad you like the bike :)
Here's a SCOOP: I'm considering using it on a Race Bike Simulator ...
No, I don't have many answers yet on the design but am excited at the prospect of him being able to sit on the supported bike and lean thro' corners, while racing others onscreen. (the bike will be a runner in disguise, just waiting for him to be ready to ride)
The next stage is the slooooowwww thought process of working with what I design.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Cool shot Brian :cool: Bike looks great! ?
Cheers Rotorwash! - the bike is gaining a simulator so Noah can sit on it and lean realistically to control an ipad bike race game... With throttle and a brake hopefully if my idea works...
All in VERY early design stage but it may just work...

The sim concept is a brilliant idea Brian. Great to hear Noah is standing tall, he'll be slinging a leg over that bike before too long! ?
wow, that's cool that you like my idea Rotorwash!
-just wondering how to back to back test ideas without breaking the bank... top idea for the lean mechanism is coilover springs mounted on a base board, closely followed by twin shocks from small bike and also mounted away from the bike, pointing inwards...
I guess I will take the plunge and try something when i can no longer bear the wait ;)

You are amazing Brian. The "sim" is so impressive. I loved the closing shots of it in action. Noah is going to have so much fun and learn to ride at the same time. My hat is off to you my friend.

• Love
Reactions: BrianP
You are amazing Brian. The "sim" is so impressive. I loved the closing shots of it in action. Noah is going to have so much fun and learn to ride at the same time. My hat is off to you my friend.
Thank you for the very kind words Dragonfly Joe! I am enjoying the journey.
Lots more considerations now...
I may pass the time by applying and shaping the adhesive seat foam.
Helping my Grandson gain a love of roadracing is so rewarding.

It's another six weeks before I am expecting to travel freely, fly my spark, explore 360 photography more, go fishing, fill my time with outdoor pursuits so that is probably a timescale for a working model.
I am very very grateful for this platform putting up with my pursuits!
Thank you all at Sparkpilots.com

Caught up through Day 19 Brian. Noah's bike is so impressive. I would love to see the look on the boys face when he realizes what Grandpa built him. In the meanwhile he can ride his rocking horse to get a feel of your ingenious design and craftsmanship. Thanks for the video my friend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef