Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Biking In Bali. Is It Worth it?

Another Campitelli adventure enjoyed by me. Love your great video's and beautiful family. If anyone tells you that you are "living the life" just say, I know. ;)
Sincerely appreciate your work and taking the time to share with us all. Fntastic camera and post work. Thank you.

Reactions: adventurecampitelli
I have been wondering where you guys are and have been. Glad things worked out for you financially and sorry to hear that you got robbed. You guys be careful out there and I look forward to seeing you all again soon. ? :D

I have been wondering where you guys are and have been. Glad things worked out for you financially and sorry to hear that you got robbed. You guys be careful out there and I look forward to seeing you all again soon. ? :D
Thank you so much for you comment. It's nice to be missed. Yes they stole 600 US dollars from our luggage. Our fault I guess for doing that. We knew stuff would happen so we just moved on, but we sure were worried about not having access to our bank accounts and visas. It's crazy how in an instant the banks can take your access away. Scary really. Probably won't post much on here going forward as we are starting to see success on YouTube now. Would love for you to join our community on YouTube if you haven't already. Posting weekly. We have tons of videos in the pipe on countries including Malaysia, Japan, Hawaii, Vancouver island,etc. Plus we are heading to Arizona and Costa Rica next too.

Wow, your house must be gathering dust! Great videos, and yes, I am a subscriber.. see you there.

However I see you have comments turned off, must be a reason....
lol it did yes. We are actually back and now have tons of content to put out. Thanks for being a subscriber we appreciate everyone who joins. YouTube has disabled our comments because we have children and this is supposed to protect them from what they call "Bad Actors". We've approached YouTube about re-enabling them but they wont. We are not sure why some family channels still have them and others don't. Seems somewhat unfair and puts us at a disadvantage. But we all have challenges this is just one we have to deal with. We hope its temporary and one day we can hear from our subscribers and let them know how important they are to us.

I thought I was already subscribed but I was not.... but I am now! :D As far as your disabled comments go, yes, that sucks but apparently there is a workaround for that. I found this video on YT and I hope it helps you guys out.

It just would not be the same without being able to post comments and thanks for what you do for the drone community as well as providing the entertainment and education that you give us. Take care guys. ;)

I thought I was already subscribed but I was not.... but I am now! :D As far as your disabled comments go, yes, that sucks but apparently there is a workaround for that. I found this video on YT and I hope it helps you guys out.

It just would not be the same without being able to post comments and thanks for what you do for the drone community as well as providing the entertainment and education that you give us. Take care guys. ;)
Thanks for Subscribing! Yes I've tried this but YouTube is smart and it wont work for our channel. :( We just thought of a work around thanks to you guys. Created a reddit forum just for our channel. Maybe that will help.

Reactions: graywoulf
YouTube has disabled our comments because we have children and this is supposed to protect them from what they call "Bad Actors". We've approached YouTube about re-enabling them but they wont.
With the YT account holder being of legal age one would think they could at least put all the comments in a folder that can be reviewed by the channel owner before posting much like they do with comments flagged as spam. Subbed you as well.

lol it did yes. We are actually back and now have tons of content to put out. Thanks for being a subscriber we appreciate everyone who joins. YouTube has disabled our comments because we have children and this is supposed to protect them from what they call "Bad Actors". We've approached YouTube about re-enabling them but they wont. We are not sure why some family channels still have them and others don't. Seems somewhat unfair and puts us at a disadvantage. But we all have challenges this is just one we have to deal with. We hope its temporary and one day we can hear from our subscribers and let them know how important they are to us.

Ahh, I did not know about the kid factor. Makes sense though. Well you've made a workaround, so thats cool. Great videos.

YT instituted the lock on comments when the video contains footage of children because a certain segment of viewers with perversions involving children were networking and saying things like, "look at this video at 1:35, he or she has a provocative position" and the like. It is the unfortunate side of social media where the vast majority of viewers take it as its meant to be, but there are seriously sick people out there that get their jollies on things the rest of us find repugnant. None of us would dream of allowing our children or grandchildren to be exploited in such a manner, but there are those with twisted intent. Until such times as algorithms can be devised to weed them out, I find it the lesser of the evils to lockout comments.

I just joined your reddit group to keep up with you guys. Thanks for the new way to do that. ? :)

Another Campitelli adventure enjoyed by me. Love your great video's and beautiful family. If anyone tells you that you are "living the life" just say, I know. ;)
Sincerely appreciate your work and taking the time to share with us all. Fntastic camera and post work. Thank you.
Thank you! If you watch our videos on a regular basis you know I'm very modest. Ok maybe not, I'd most likely say that. :)

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
YT instituted the lock on comments when the video contains footage of children because a certain segment of viewers with perversions involving children were networking and saying things like, "look at this video at 1:35, he or she has a provocative position" and the like. It is the unfortunate side of social media where the vast majority of viewers take it as its meant to be, but there are seriously sick people out there that get their jollies on things the rest of us find repugnant. None of us would dream of allowing our children or grandchildren to be exploited in such a manner, but there are those with twisted intent. Until such times as algorithms can be devised to weed them out, I find it the lesser of the evils to lockout comments.
Yes but I'm not sure its to protect the children but more the Ad revenue. They still watch so not sure how it stops them.

How would blocking comments generate more ad revenue?
When this first came about 3 big advertisers pulled their ads as they didn't want the negative publicity so YouTube had to do something about it to retain their current advertisers and hopefully get the ones they lost back. Hence disabled comments. It does very little to protect children. From what I read before this happened YouTube was actually working with authorities to track down these "bad actors" and catching them from the comments they would post. So I think the disabled comments would hinder this process.

Point well taken. If feedback is desired, at least you can get it here from people who have parallel interests. You still get to share footage with the rest of the world on YT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers