Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Bluetooth earbuds while flying?

scoble08

Join
May 1, 2019
Loc
Greensboro, NC
Hey Everyone.
I fly my Spark on IOS (iPhone 8+) with an OTG cable. I’m now a little hard of hearing. I use airplane mode also.
Since my lightning connector is used for the OTG, I was wondering if I could safely use my Bluetooth earbud (just one) at the same time so I could hear what’s being prompted by the DJI GO 4 app.
Thx

I don't see why not. Just make sure you have one ear listening for external cues (helicopter approaching etc).

Most users recommend turning off smart watches when flying to avoid signal interference. Watches also connect via bluetooth. Would this argument then not be valid for using bluetooth earphones?

Most users recommend turning off smart watches when flying to avoid signal interference. Watches also connect via bluetooth. Would this argument then not be valid for using bluetooth earphones?

While I don't have a TON of hours on my Spark (it's my goof off sUAS not primary) I do fly mine around other BlueTooth devices. Maybe I've just been lucky but I've flown it with my phone connected to a BlueTooth speaker playing music in the background while I'm flying. One difference is that I am not using the phone as my display device but it's in my pocket connected to a speaker only a few feet away. We use iPAds for our primary display devices and the iPhone as a backup.

We don't turn on Airplane Mode on any of our devices but we do connect using OTG cable.

YMMV

Last edited:
Yeah. I was thinking, since I was using OTG for video feed instead of wifi connection, that Bluetooth earbuds would not interfere with the wifi to the Spark.
Thx everyone for your input!

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit