Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

boom in Spark Fly Aways.......why?

tony77

Join
Apr 9, 2019
I've been a Spark owner since May 2018. I have over 15 hours of logged flight time = 950k feet. I follow a detailed pre-flight checklist every time and have had solid performance from the Spark.

I also drop in on this forum occasionally and have noticed what looks like a spike in Fly Aways. Is there a consensus as to what is causing it?UC browser SHAREit Appvn

Out of curiosity, I hopped over to the Mavic forums and began digging. In the 25min I spent combing through Mavic Pro / Help discussions, I could not find any mention of Mavic Fly Aways. Am I missing something?

Is this really a Spark specific phenomenon? I don't buy the 'user error' line. I'm thinking there is more to it, DJI may not be fully transparent on this matter.

Last edited:

nilanjan118

Join
Oct 31, 2018
Loc
Japan
Hi Tony, how come your post is exactly same as the thread below? And you joined on Apr 9, 2019 but claim to be a regular on this forum since May 2018? What sorcery is this?

Andre Levite

WELL-TRUSTED MEMBER
Premium Pilot
Join
Jun 18, 2018
Loc
Treasure Coast of Florida
Web
how-to-spark.com
I've been a Spark owner since May 2018. I have over 15 hours of logged flight time = 950k feet. I follow a detailed pre-flight checklist every time and have had solid performance from the Spark.

I also drop in on this forum occasionally and have noticed what looks like a spike in Fly Aways. Is there a consensus as to what is causing it?

Out of curiosity, I hopped over to the Mavic forums and began digging. In the 25min I spent combing through Mavic Pro / Help discussions, I could not find any mention of Mavic Fly Aways. Am I missing something?

Is this really a Spark specific phenomenon? I don't buy the 'user error' line. I'm thinking there is more to it, DJI may not be fully transparent on this matter.
You are a brand new member so just a friendly FYI...

You will find a lifetime of reading on this exact topic using the Forum's search feature. Also a plethera of theories and opinions -- all of them anecdotal and unsubstantiated by data.

Not trying to shut you down -- just letting you know all the information you need is already here. Welcome to The Forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: oleflyv

skipper20

Join
Dec 28, 2018

I also drop in on this forum occasionally and have noticed what looks like a spike in Fly Aways. Is there a consensus as to what is causing it?

You don't have any specific numbers to support a spike in flyaways but if there is, perhaps it's because the Spark is an entry level drone and there's more of them out there. The Mavic line is a logical upgrade and with some Spark learning time behind them maybe Mavic pilots are just better pilots. They know what to do to to avoid a flyaway. Just my 2 cents (tuppence?) worth.

Reactions: oleflyv

melvonnar

Join
Oct 1, 2018

I also drop in on this forum occasionally and have noticed what looks like a spike in Fly Aways. Is there a consensus as to what is causing it?UC browser SHAREit Appvn

more nubees

Reactions: Andre Levite

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frankiep