Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Burlington Athletic Stadium (Burlington, NC)

RoarRoar

Join
Feb 3, 2018
Loc
NYC Metro Area
I love baseball and have a love for old parks especially old Minor League diamonds. I was in Burlington and had to make a stop to see this gem. It has seen tons of great players com through over the years even some hall of famers. It is a shame MLB folded the former Appalachian League. It was previously a minor league affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and other teams in the past as well.

The good news is the park will play host to a college summer league team this summer. The Burlington Sock Puppets!

Sorry for the choppy footage at the end. It's from the cache and I lost one of the files on the card for some reason.

What a beautiful ball field RoarRoar. I love baseball too. Getting ready to put the White Sox/Tigers game on in a few. Make up double header today which means two 7 inning games now. Thanks for the look.

Reactions: RoarRoar
Haven’t a clue how baseball works but I love watching it on TV when we can get it. It’s as complicated as our cricket. Appreciate its a small stadium (ugh sorry Park) but where did or do the spectators sit? Can only see a couple of small stands/terraces at the side? Great footage and no wobbles at the end on my screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef