Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Canadian drone test

scottyahole

Join
Oct 20, 2018
Can someone help me out with this one I got 39% first try and I've bin doin this for 10 years..its pretty tough !!

Have you checked out Don Joyce's training videos for the Canadian RPAS pilot exams?

Also this gentleman has some good tips:

Don's videos helped a lot. Read over part IX of the regs. Lot of useless BS you just google. Some questions it's easier if you google the answers and look for the question. Don't spend too much time on one question. I took it once first just to get the feel. Missed by 1 question. Now you know what to expect, go ace it. I'd say good luck, but you won't need it.

Basically you need to have all the doucmentation handy, and be able to google search fast. It does help to actually study the new rules thoroughly, but there is a lot more on the exam than just that stuff, but it will free up your time to answer the tougher questions. Don's study guide was good too. All his videos are well worth the time to watch and re-watch.

When I was studying for the test, in addition to Don's videos, I also watched a lot of study videos based on the U.S. system. Our American cousins are much more on the ball when it comes to putting together training modules. Section areas such as airframes, human factors, meteorology and theory of flight are all the same no matter where you live. Just have to remain cognitive of the legal differences in our laws, which by design aren't many.

Last edited:
Reactions: RotorWash
I must have been reading your mind about providing document links as I also made a list, I'll post below. Please don't think I have list envy! :)

Follow up from my earlier post, in addition to watching videos on theory of flight, airframes, meteorology, etc, I thought I'd add the following list of reading material for anyone coming through this thread. The docs listed (pdf format) should help prepare for both the basic and advanced operations exams. For the basic, subjects such as METARs, airport operations and in-depth information about airspace classes aren't required material but NOTAMs are.

The Knowledge Requirement document (TP15263E) outlines the areas of knowledge required for both exams and if you follow that through and have an understanding of the topics it points out, passing the basic exam will be easy. The AIM document has a lot of pertinent information and it's good to know all the CARs sec. 9 regs. However, don't be surprised if you get a question or two that's from out of left field such as one on wildlife regulations. For those types of questions Google can help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme