Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cannot download map

koffe

Join
Oct 14, 2017
Loc
Sweden
Quite new to Spark and trying to learn flying and photographing. On my phone I can see the map where I fly, but with my Samsung Tab S2 there is no map. This tablet has only WiFi and I understand that is the reason. Then I searched on the net and found the Offline Maps page in GO4.

It took some attempts before the list showed up and I could find my country Sweden. When I click the download symbol I only get the message "Please wait". I did wait... several and long times. But nothing more happens. I also checked that I am on my own network and have Internet access with the tablet.

Is there more to it before I can download a map?

No, nothing at all on that site. But I found apkmirror.com. Which version should do? There are several from every month.

Update on my problem: I enabled Amap (For China Mainland) for test and could download the city of Beijing. After that I disabled both China toggles in General settings and was able to start download Sweden. But it seems to stand quite still at 1% downloading. At least for the last 20 minutes now.

I also want to delete Beijing, but it seems difficult. No delete link as far as I can see. So now I am occupying 30 Mb to no use..!? Concluding that I now have two problems....

Quite new to Spark and trying to learn flying and photographing. On my phone I can see the map where I fly, but with my Samsung Tab S2 there is no map. This tablet has only WiFi and I understand that is the reason. Then I searched on the net and found the Offline Maps page in GO4.

It took some attempts before the list showed up and I could find my country Sweden. When I click the download symbol I only get the message "Please wait". I did wait... several and long times. But nothing more happens. I also checked that I am on my own network and have Internet access with the tablet.

Is there more to it before I can download a map?

I don't think it's related to cellular data. I had the same problem on multiple phones as well.

You can switch back to google maps on android if you have root access, it's quite easy and solves the problem wonderfully. Let me know if you are interested and I'll go into the details.

You can switch back to google maps on android if you have root access, it's quite easy and solves the problem wonderfully. Let me know if you are interested and I'll go into the details.

Yes please do. It would help very much

Yes please do. It would help very much

Okay, so it's really simple. (Reminder, you need ROOT access in order to make this work) You have to download this application: Disable Service - Android Apps on Google Play

After launching it, you just have to find the DJI application in the third party list. You will see a a couple of services listed, you need to remove the tickmark from the 'MapService' one. This is going to force the application to use the default map service, which is google maps, and voilá. Done. It works flawlessly so far.

No, nothing at all on that site. But I found apkmirror.com. Which version should do? There are several from every month.

Update on my problem: I enabled Amap (For China Mainland) for test and could download the city of Beijing. After that I disabled both China toggles in General settings and was able to start download Sweden. But it seems to stand quite still at 1% downloading. At least for the last 20 minutes now.

I also want to delete Beijing, but it seems difficult. No delete link as far as I can see. So now I am occupying 30 Mb to no use..!? Concluding that I now have two problems....
I also use Samsung Tab S2. It can download offline map after installing version 4.1.5.

There is a large number of people reporting Offline Map no longer works since the 4.1.10 release. I'll also add only the satellite overlay for the map used while flying works for me. The best thing to do is to submit a Bug Report in the GO 4 app. There is a long thread over on the DJI Mavic forum concerning this issue (Offline Maps bug in GO 4.1.10 for Android).

Offline Maps stopped working when I updated to 4.1.10 2-3 weeks ago. Well, for the past 2 days I'm able to download maps (US) and all maps are working again. Glad the problem was fixed on the server side and no app update was needed. Phone/OS used - Moto G5 Plus/Android 7.0 with August security patch.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
Offline Maps stopped working when I updated to 4.1.10 2-3 weeks ago. Well, for the past 2 days I'm able to download maps (US) and all maps are working again. Glad the problem was fixed on the server side and no app update was needed. Phone/OS used - Moto G5 Plus/Android 7.0 with August security patch.

Thank you Pappy for telling this. It works now also for me in Sweden.

One strange behaviour was that after downloading I checked up right on the download page that had a link to Map Management and it was stated that my country was downloaded. But then after new start of GO4 and connecting to the RC, the Map Management was empty, as if no map was there. Although the contoller page had the map for real.

Anyway, I am just happy the map is there to be used.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef