Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't cache to Sd Card!

When i press 'Cache to Sd card' on the settings, i can't see my drone Sd card in the phone settings, any help?

It is caching to the SD card in your device, not the card on the Spark.

Look in the photo storage on your device and a new folder should be somewhere.

"Cache image" or "DJI record" is what the folders are in my device photos.

Additionally, anything stored on your phone is just going to be a cache of the compressed video/photos sent wirelessly from the Spark to your phone. It won't be nearly the quality of the video/photos store on the sdcard in your Spark.

Some people (like myself) find the app crashes less on Android if you don't cache photos/videos to your phone.

Reactions: charliespark
Some people (like myself) find the app crashes less on Android if you don't cache photos/videos to your phone.
But is it possible to not cache photos/videos on the phone? I haven't found that setting on the app for the Spark.

Just as I thought. So there is no straightforward toggle switch in the app which enables/disables the cache recording.

If using iOS you can set the size of cache to ZERO.

But it would be good to have some small cache for visible landmarks just in case your drone went missing

If using iOS you can set the size of cache to ZERO.
There is definitely an option to set the cache size in Android as well but I am not sure if it can be set to zero. Need to check this.

But it would be good to have some small cache for visible landmarks just in case your drone went missing
Yes. This is exactly why I have it ON now.
Btw, I have noticed that my cache video doesn't seem to play in normal speed. It seems like 2x or 4x speed always.
Is this how it is meant to be or am I doing something wrong here?

Reactions: Andre Levite
There is definitely an option to set the cache size in Android as well but I am not sure if it can be set to zero. Need to check this.

Yes. This is exactly why I have it ON now.
Btw, I have noticed that my cache video doesn't seem to play in normal speed. It seems like 2x or 4x speed always.
Is this how it is meant to be or am I doing something wrong here?

Make sure you are using a fast enough SD card. You may be dropping frames or slow transfer speed.

Best is the U3 designation like a Samsung Evo. Just $11 for 64gb right now on Amazon!

Make sure you are using a fast enough SD card.
Sorry if I have failed to explain properly, but I was talking about the cache recording on the phone.
Also, I don't have an SD card on my phone. The cache videos are recorded in its internal memory.
The SD card videos on my Spark are perfectly alright. But you know sometimes when I am on a vacation, I like to share a small clip from my captured footage (on my FB/Instagram story for example) and the cache videos should suffice provided the playback speed is normal. I just find that they are never in normal speed, probably dropping frames as you said. A limitation of my mobile device, may be? Just trying to confirm this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme