Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't connect to my Spark RC

Marvin Jacob

Join
Sep 23, 2018
Hello all. I find myself in a complicated situation. The scan code on the back of RC has erased and I can't scan it to connect the RC and for some reasons I can't find the password page I can't even remember the RC password. I need help please.
Thanks

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Marvin Jacob.

The default password is 12341234 for the remote.

The Sparks WiFi information can be found on the sticker in the battery compartment.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks a lot tried it. It worked but the light RC is still red when normal it turns green. Am I doing something wrong??20191114_172047.jpeg

The Spark may have to bind to the remote.

I had an instance same as you, when mine became unbound for some reason, I followed the instructions in this DJI Tutorial that got me flying again.

The Spark may have to bind to the remote.

I had an instance same as you, when mine became unbound for some reason, I followed the instructions in this DJI Tutorial that got me flying again.
[emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]. I have to pat myself on the back. Thanks guys I am on the air. Followed the instructions and all is well. I [emoji1417][emoji1417][emoji1417]

As an added note, I think you can hold the power button for 8 seconds and reset the Spark (I think I read this somewhere, never had to do it myself). Then you can use the default password.

Way to go Marvin! As an aside, scanning the bar codes never works.
Yes....way to go Marvin !
And Thumbs Up to all the other Spark Addicts here who go through really weird sometimes hard to understand glitches helping others keep Getting High.....I mean Flying ???

THAT said....I have a years Spark time in now and will say that the most difficult time I have had was in syncing the remote.

When I bought the bird / remote package at Walmart.....the instructions just didn’t work....I thought I was going crazy.

After a couple days it came to light that DJI had not updated some document that was from a time prior to the Spark coming with a remote ....as I remember it...I was syncing to the phone by default and the “add a controller” process was a bit different for the packages that came with remotes.

An honest mistake or oversight ...maybe undersight on DJIs part...

There is so much info online.....some right...some wrong ...

It gets confusing......

One thing for certain.....the Spark is one tough bird.

It has survived multiple firmware changes by DJI...good and bad ones...

It has survived a market of people who got their first taste of Defying Gravity at a price never before had in history....

Long live the Spark.....

It was probably a spark that started the first fire for a cave man.....

Now....if this **** rain would stop....I could go take the old bird out for a trip around the neighborhood.

Reactions: RotorWash
Oh come on..... **** in this world do 4 letter words that start with D followed with an A ....then a M.....ending in N used as a emotional enhancer to another 4 letter word like RAIN.....which is truly bad for a Spark need to be censored ?

Now....when this Lovely rain ends....Maybe I can get of the net and in the air ?

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Yes hold battery till it beeps on spark , hold a few buttons on remote it'll reconnect. I use a Futaba transmitter/Receiver and its never unbound on me before, but others at our local airfield have to play around with rebinding their spektrums all the time, it's pretty lame. Well enjoy your back yards and spying on your neighborhoods. I'm gonna go fly and watch my heli with my own eyes, after I gas it up, turn on transmitter/ receiver and pull the rip cord, never worry about binding and WiFi. Plus its like miles of nice land and plenty of chances to lose a finger on a airplane or knock a head off with a heli. Have you ever been hit by a spark before? Its a paper cut, not dangerous enough for me. Also I need more SPEED.

Thanks,
RSTO

Join the AMA/DCRC!

Reactions: rhettduke
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland RSTO.

Well enjoy your back yards and spying on your neighborhoods.

Ha ha. That's a good one.
I take it you're not fond of quadcopters.

With the camera on most quads, you're better off with a cell phone peaking through the fence, if that's your thing, verses a noisy camera hovering in the air.

I'm gonna go fly and watch my heli with my own eyes,

Responsible pilots do too.:)

Good looking bird in your avitar.
Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Yes hold battery till it beeps on spark , hold a few buttons on remote it'll reconnect. I use a Futaba transmitter/Receiver and its never unbound on me before, but others at our local airfield have to play around with rebinding their spektrums all the time, it's pretty lame. Well enjoy your back yards and spying on your neighborhoods. I'm gonna go fly and watch my heli with my own eyes, after I gas it up, turn on transmitter/ receiver and pull the rip cord, never worry about binding and WiFi. Plus its like miles of nice land and plenty of chances to lose a finger on a airplane or knock a head off with a heli. Have you ever been hit by a spark before? Its a paper cut, not dangerous enough for me. Also I need more SPEED.

Thanks,
RSTO

Join the AMA/DCRC!
Welcome Mr RSTO....

As a kid I got a COX model airplane ....it was red...had a glow plug if I remember right....and fuel that came in a can...we lived in a house that had propane or LP gas open flame heaters....it was Christmas morning and I rem my Dad.....showing me how to Fuel up....put power on the glow plug.....and there was a spring of sorts that you twisted the prop against with your finger......then let go.....that thing sounded like a chain saw in our living room ......He shut it off and told me to crank it.....I never got the nerve to pull back hard enough to make the spring do its job......I was to busy getting my finger out before it would crank.....

I remember there was a string of sorts and it supposedly would fly around you.....sorta remember plastic disks about the size of a quarter with notches in them....they would make it fly a programmed path....

And it was marketed as a toy......Santa’s Elves built it and it was delivered by The old chubby guy to our house.....so it must have been safe.

If it wasn’t then surely Santa’s Elves would have been sued ?

To this day it’s a mystery to me how Santa delivered to our house......we didn’t have a chimney for him to come down......remember.....we had open flame gas heaters....

And we survived opening cans of aviation fuel inside .......

Life is full of mystery.

Welcome Mr RSTO....

As a kid I got a COX model airplane ....it was red...had a glow plug if I remember right....and fuel that came in a can...we lived in a house that had propane or LP gas open flame heaters....it was Christmas morning and I rem my Dad.....showing me how to Fuel up....put power on the glow plug.....and there was a spring of sorts that you twisted the prop against with your finger......then let go.....that thing sounded like a chain saw in our living room ......He shut it off and told me to crank it.....I never got the nerve to pull back hard enough to make the spring do its job......I was to busy getting my finger out before it would crank.....

I remember there was a string of sorts and it supposedly would fly around you.....sorta remember plastic disks about the size of a quarter with notches in them....they would make it fly a programmed path....

And it was marketed as a toy......Santa’s Elves built it and it was delivered by The old chubby guy to our house.....so it must have been safe.

To this day it’s a mystery to me how Santa delivered to our house......we didn’t have a chimney for him to come down......remember.....we had open flame gas heaters....

Life is full of mystery.
That's a great story! Thanks for sharing, brought back memories for me as well. Did your COX sound like this? :)

Reactions: Spark 317
No Sir...... I respectfully say that was in no way any any form as loud and traumatic the sound I heard......

I will consider that even with modern day technology......maybe it’s the modest speaker on my iPad......?

I saw the part of the video that showed the handle that you could fly the “toy” from.....

All my adult and even teen years.....I was around and used 2 stroke chain saws.....without eye protection.....or ear muffs....

They scare me.....I know how fast they can cut through an artery and you bleed out ......hopefully some body comes looking for you before the buzzards leave nothing but the chainsaw to find.....

They scare me but I use them.......

That dang Cox......well.....even with my Dad being very patient and trying to get me to leave my finger on the spring loaded prop the right amount of time.......never got me to succesfully crank it.......

Yet the first time I cranked his chain saw......without his permission.....and got my rear end more familiar with the leather belt he said hurt him more to use than it hurt me.....but that’s another story...

That Cox in my mind was traumatic.....the saw was....nothing.....

And as I think back.....Mom was the main one who told Santa what to bring......

Dad made sure it happened....even though we didn’t have a chimney.....

I would bet good money that Dad....hell...I called him Daddy and Yes Sir.... No Sir....Thank You Sir when he addressed me with a question or comment.....

I suspect he was the one who told Santa to bring the Cox......and Momma went along ........with great reservation I would surmise.

It may have been a disappointment to him the way the Cox turned out then.......

All that said...

Maybe it was just a seed that took a long time to grow.....and my......my my my......Once it got above ground.....it’s growing like a wild fire out of control.

Thanks to everyone for enduring this......but I think there are many others here who have similar backgrounds......

May We All.......

You learn to fly ......or you free fall.....

a contemporary country music song by a group who call the, selves

Florida- Georgia Line......

Watch it on YouTube......

pretty deep for a bunch of southern rednecks....

• Love
Welcome Mr RSTO....

Life is full of mystery.
Is it possible to substitute the the electric with gas to run the motors in a Mavic 2?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast