Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Can't control the Spark

Robert Romila

Join
Oct 25, 2017
After about 4-5 minutes of fly the drone is not responding to controller. It remains connected, but is not going forward or backward, left or right and make sounds like there is an object inthe front of the drone. I try to fly it on open field (very large area) with no obstacles around. If i press on the left side, the drone works perfectly up and down. It seems to respond very well in Sport mode. but even so, it loses control between controller or phone, you can see in the video in the link. I tried on Samsung Galaxy Tab, on Samsung J5 2016, on Android phones and have the same issue. I tried with the controller on cable and wifi. Thank you for your help.

P.S. I see now that in sport mode it works. Now i realize that the drone in normal mode have activated objects avoidance so, works backwards, works up and down. I think maybe the sensors are kind of broken. Still not figure why not seen allways good image on the phone and in the top bar appear red color and no signal or disconnected. The images on the SDcard are perfect.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YmkCOsv1DU525V8r1

Last edited:
Obstacle avoidance doing its job. You can deactivate it.

If i deactivate it that means is a little bit dangerous, even so, its a convenient, but this deactivation where do i find it in DJI Go? Thank you. Still having problems with the transmission on the phone. Its disconnects from time to time, or bad signal, or no signal or disconnected on small distance (2-3 meters)

Forum member Kilrah posted that the obstacle avoidance was doing it's job.

I was curious as to why the avoidance was doing it's job if in an open field with no obstacles.

Reactions: Sparkster

I was curious as to why the avoidance was doing it's job if in an open field with no obstacles.
Oh. Ok.
Is very unclear for me why just half an hour ago, i went outside ( in the middle of my town) I've tested again about at 88 meters distance (here is dark outside - 01:01 now) and it works perfectly. I only tested for about 3 minutes. Last time the problems appears after 5 minutes of continuously fly. I will try tomorrow again.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sPiCQj0nCw9kr3kJ2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J3W59ch4dca5my9x2

I clicked the link in his post and that was to an indoor video.
OA can do erroneous detections outdoors when facing the sun.

I clicked the link in his post and that was to an indoor video.
OA can do erroneous detections outdoors when facing the sun.

I admit, I didn't click the link, but what I read.

So the Sun will affect the OA too?

I learn something new everytime I visit this forum.:)

It seems like fog, bugs, and now the Sun affects the OA.

Good to know.
Thanks.

Fly safe!

Reactions: Robert Romila
I admit, I didn't click the link, but what I read.

So the Sun will affect the OA too?

I learn something new everytime I visit this forum.:)

It seems like fog, bugs, and now the Sun affects the OA.

Good to know.
Thanks.

Fly safe!
The images in the link are in my room. Indoor. This was a test to show that is exactly the same thing outdoors. You give me this idea to test it with the sun in the back and viceversa. You may be right. But if i remember well i have 2 hours:and 10 minutes total flight time and i don't remember to happen this untill now. And is skares me the error about the signal. Last night at midnight has worked pefreclty :). Keep testing maybe today. Thank you for ideas.

Tested again half an hour ago. It worked. Little bit cloudy, but no errors and i can controll it. Nothing to say for now.

Try refreshing the drones firmware... I fly at sunrise and sunset all the time with never an issue of OA going off. Even over the surf at the beach. If you look up my YouTube name Wombat Clay you will see my Spark flying into the sun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme