Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Carmel Roundabouts #1 in USA

Spark 317

Well known member with a Spark and a Mavic Air 2.
Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 10, 2017
Loc
Indiana, USA
Just north of Indianapolis, IN is the city of Carmel.

Carmel - Copy.jpg

It has more roundabouts than any other city in the United States.
They are up to 126 and counting.

This past week was National Roundabout Week with all types of festivities.

One of the final events was a bicyclist that is going to ride the first roundabout built in Carmel for 24 hours to raise money for Word Bicycle Relief.

He's the one in the white shirt. (Hour 20)

24 Hour Bike ride.JPG

Carmel loves to combine art and landscape into the roundabouts.
Here are a few others that I've found.

BASEBALL

Baseball.JPG

SOCCER

Soccer.JPG

ROSE 1 AND 2

Rose 1.JPG

Rose 2.JPG

FLOWER

Flower.JPG

very nice pictures ?

The water tower shot is fabulous. As for roundabouts, the only one I have ever liked was performed by the band Yes way back in the 70s! I hate those traffic roundabouts, they are getting into them here now too... stupid nonsense. I would much prefer traffic lights.

That aside, great pictures, nice work!

Very nice photos!

As for the roundabouts, I didn't think I'd like them either but now that we've had them for a while I really like them. Give them a chance.

Thank You.

I think the worst part is the construction of them but once they are in place and people learn how to use them, they are faster than the traffic lights.

...once they are in place and people learn how to use them...
That is the key. There are a few in my area and, as you say, once you understand how they work, they're pretty efficient and a lot less expensive than traffic light control systems. Look how long traditional systems have been in place and all the crazy, dangerous stuff people still do. Continued driver education/reinforcement is a good investment for all our well beings.

The water tower shot is fabulous. As for roundabouts, the only one I have ever liked was performed by the band Yes way back in the 70s! I hate those traffic roundabouts, they are getting into them here now too... stupid nonsense. I would much prefer traffic lights.
I adamantly agree with your entire post on this. Especially the Yes part. ? :D

Reactions: Spark 317
Thanks for the pics Spark 317! I'm familiar with Carmel as I had an Aunt and Uncle who lived there. Use to get off I-465 at Meridian. Had more family in Plainfield. Been to Circle City many times in the past. You did a great job capturing the roundabouts. Sincerely appreciate you sharing with us.

Reactions: Spark 317
Very nice photos!

As for the roundabouts, I didn't think I'd like them either but now that we've had them for a while I really like them. Give them a chance.
So true, we've had a few put in here and can say the same. Wouldn't want to go back to traffic lights now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmirOmerov