Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Cheap hard case for DJI Spark and gear

nwaters2618

Join
Aug 19, 2018
Loc
Utah
Harbour Freight sells a line of Pelican style hard cases branded Apache. I picked up the Apache 2800 the other day and mapped out what I wanted to do with the foam. This is what it looks like plucked out. I picked some cans of black Plasti Dip (1 will do) and put 2 coats on it. Sealed up the pluck foam nicely. It's currently drying so I will post up a picture when it's all finished.
Apache 2800 case $23.99 with 20% off coupon + 1 can of Plasti Dip $6.50= $30.4920181015_191626[1].jpg20181015_211109[1].jpg

Very dirty post btw....”had to” stop by harbor freight today. Looking at the 4800 I believe it was...didn’t have my coupon though...maybe tomorrow....

Reactions: nwaters2618
Very dirty post btw....”had to” stop by harbor freight today. Looking at the 4800 I believe it was...didn’t have my coupon though...maybe tomorrow....
You're welcome [emoji16]
I got the 4800 for 44 bucks with another 20% coupon. That's is a really good deal if you ask me!

Lol, Harborfreight is the devil....I always "have to go" because "I need this and I that". Harborfreight saved my Phantom 4 remote controller and saved me from having to deal with DJI

Lol, Harborfreight is the devil....I always "have to go" because "I need this and I that". Harborfreight saved my Phantom 4 remote controller and saved me from having to deal with DJI
I would love to gear the story behind the controller

As promised. The first picture is the bottomed of the foam which was not plasti dipped. You can see how much the foam moves around. The second picture is the top side of the foam where the equipment will be. Nice and sealed. Basically made it back into one piece of foam. Still plenty soft for my equipment. I would recommend spraying the inside of the holes as well for strength. 20181019_112139.jpeg20181019_112202.jpeg

Thanks for telling us about that plasti dip. Is it a spray or paint on? Glad to know about it as I had heard that particular foam did not hold up without some kind of treatment.

Pick and pluck foam is fragile and will rip apart when you take items in and out repeatedly. The plasti dip just seals it all up to hold it's shape. Works really well.

I've seen this comment made a few times, and well, here I sit with mine 1.5 years later and no problems at all. just don't be rough with it and it'll hold up pretty well

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leahandran